Evanescence

PriZm

I just came from the Evanescence 'Open Door' show in Montreal and I'm in awe. The musicians were absolutely wonderfully tight and Amy Lee's voice made the Bell Centre tremble. They had a very strong set list, although it included some of the weaker songs from the latest album (like Snow White Queen). Highlights were Going Under, Bring me to Life, Haunted, Imaginary, Lacrymosa and they played their absolute best song (IMO), Your Star.

Very few goths in the audience, which positively surprised me, and man was the audience pumped. After a very good performance by Stone Sour (their music was forgettable but the front man has unbelievable showmanship), the audience never stopped screaming like crazy for more Evanescence.

I did like the band before the show, but now I'm fucking sold.

The only major gripe I have is that Amy Lee seemed to have very little confidence in what herself and her band could deliver. She started the show by showing: "Wow, there's so many of you, I'm scared". And after that, 3 or 4 times during the show, she said : "This is our first show in the tour here in Montreal, so there's a lot a crazy crap going on. Sorry for all our mistakes", although nobody could notice whatever those mistakes were. And at the encore, after 5 minutes of non-stop crazy cheering, she came back and said: "Don't worry, we'll play a couple more songs. We're obligated by contract so we can't leave until this is done, anyways". While singing her songs, she seemed really into it and gave a great performance (even swaying her hair in the wind like metalheads) but in-between songs, she seemed completely pissed and/or miserable.

Nevertheless, a great show, I just would've wished they played 'Tourniquet" and didn't mention their mistakes every time. If you've seen an Evanescence show, tell me what you think.

I saw them at the last (last as in, the last one ever, about 4 years ago) 104 fest here in CT, when they only really had their first album to go off of. One thing I really liked was the fact that they went right from "Bring me to Life" to "Tourniquet". That was awesome. Back then, she seemed a great deal happier to be on stage than you just described, plus she was dressed up like a goth fairy, which was hot as all hell.

One thing I didn't like was the fact that on "Going under", the part in the beginning, when they have the sliced vocals, they used a recording of those vocals instead of her just singing what she could live.

Great band though.

Theyre okay. Some of my friends swear by them, listening to only them. Poor souls.

Same. There's really only four songs of theirs I like, Bring Me To Life, Eternal (that crazy seven minute instrumental from Origin), Call Me When You're Sober, and their cover of Korn's Thoughtless. But they're a good band, all in all.

Come on, dude, they deserve more credit than that.

I remember listening to them when they had just released "Fallen," which was during the time they were labeled as being christian. They rose to fame really quick during that period, and when they began to be played on mainstream radio, things really picked up.

Alas, as is with all rock bands that make it into mainstream radio stations, they are overplayed, so people get tired and say "they are alright at best."

I honestly think they are really good.

I remember listening to them when they had just released "Fallen," which was during the time they were labeled as being christian. They rose to fame really quick during that period, and when they began to be played on mainstream radio, things really picked up.

Alas, as is with all rock bands that make it into mainstream radio stations, they are overplayed, so people get tired and say "they are alright at best."

I honestly think they are really good.

Yeah, of course, I hear you. Of course, they don't deserve "I'd like this if i was still interested in acting gothy and pretending to be depressed."