Chrono Cross - Sailing ~ Another World

H36T

Really smooth and well-mixed track.

What I would try to improve, might be the clapping sounds (at least I guess these are clapping sounds) which can be heard first around minute 0:50.
I would try to let it sound more natural, maybe more off-beat and with a more unique clapping rhythm (maybe play the track in your DAW without the momentary clapping track, think about how you would clap your hands at these parts and also create an alternative for the second clapping part - and finally try to recreate this with your clapping VSTi in the MIDI editor or by playing it live via MIDI keyboard (which might be a bit difficult by the fast-paced clapping)...).

The second thing you could improve might be by composing a different part that leads into something completely new.
Maybe a silent part with dream-like pad sounds and a piano or an acoustic spanish guitar- or a small, a little bit wilder part with ethic drums, exotic flutes, shakers etc.

The voices for the second part are really a good choice which enhance the atmosphere. ))

11 hours ago, Master Mi said:

Really smooth and well-mixed track.

What I would try to improve, might be the clapping sounds (at least I guess these are clapping sounds) which can be heard first around minute 0:50.
I would try to let it sound more natural, maybe more off-beat and with a more unique clapping rhythm (maybe play the track in your DAW without the momentary clapping track, think about how you would clap your hands at these parts and also create an alternative for the second clapping part - and finally try to recreate this with your clapping VSTi in the MIDI editor or by playing it live via MIDI keyboard (which might be a bit difficult by the fast-paced clapping)...).

The second thing you could improve might be by composing a different part that leads into something completely new.
Maybe a silent part with dream-like pad sounds and a piano or an acoustic spanish guitar- or a small, a little bit wilder part with ethic drums, exotic flutes, shakers etc.

The voices for the second part are really a good choice which enhance the atmosphere. ))

Thank you very much for the helpful comments and insight. They are indeed claps! I liked the rhythm but sometimes the vst cant handle the rhythm I think and drops out or messes up a bit? To me it comes across fine and almost like they are less quantized than they are. The claps are from an orchestral vst though (8dio Majestica lol) so maybe I'll try and see if I have any other claps that would work better. Think I have a few freebies with claps...I like the idea of adding a different clap rhythm second time too! Definitely will take note of that. If I add another section I'm thinking of maybe like you said a slow kinda atmospheric thing that then transitions to one more section like the others. Who knows?