Mario Kart Wii - Coconut Fall

MartinH

https://youtu.be/uPIZuvyO5KI

This is my first ever attempt at doing something with a swing song, and I kind of look at this remix as an introduction in fusing my style with swing. That is why I kind of left out my usual original sections. The more I get into swing though, I will be able to compose original sections that extend the originals in a proper way.

The biggest challenge was indeed the rhythm, took some time to adjust to that. Then also the jazzy chords that fills the original with cool harmonies. As I have explained earlier in my remixing, I transcribe everything by ear which simply means I listen to the original and write the song from what I hear. In this case it was a hard challenge because of the swing rookie I am.

If you listen to the other half of the remix you'll hear at least something Neon X original - the solo. I felt quite satisfied with that, it gave the remix something new and different.

Besides all that, my beat is not the same as the original, the bass and the rhythm synth as well. I'm really motivated in trying out more themes within the swing genre. For example from Super Mario World and Yoshi's Island. Actually most Mario games contains more or less swing themes.

I hope you like what you hear folks, the swing is really a new side of my remixes.

/Neon X

Hey Neon X, pretty cool remix here!

I really like your synth sounds and the whole flow is pretty great. The constant change in textures and ups and downs work really well. The production also sounds very crisp and punchy.

Great solo by the way! You should be proud of that indeed!

Sounds ready to go to me! Actually I really prefer your version over the original lol

Great job =D

• 2 weeks later...