OC ReMix Announces Bold New Crypto/RFT Direction

djpretzel

OC ReMix Announces Bold New Crypto/RFT Direction

April 1, 2022

FAIRFAX, VA - OverClocked ReMix today announced the immediate availability of all featured OC ReMixes as RFTs, or "Re-Fungible Tokens," in a bold move to embrace the latest technology, regardless of its apparent benefit to artists and listeners.

"There's been a lot of hostility towards and criticism of NFTs, especially from the creative community," writes David "djpretzel" Lloyd, President and Founder of OverClocked ReMix. "I'm an artist myself, and I think I know what the problem is - you can't funge NFTs. I've tried, but it's right there in the name, and I think that what most artists and listeners alike are looking for are tokens they can not only funge once, but repeatedly." Lloyd maintains that many of the perceived weaknesses of NFTs are mitigated by addressing this limitation - "Once you can funge over and over, and you've got that critical refungibility angle down, that's when the dynamic synergies and the Web 3.0 start to shine," he enthused. Environmental concerns about whether all this funging might expedite climate change and hurtle humanity ever faster towards living on an uninhabitable heat-sphere of death are unfounded, Lloyd says, because "this is all probably a simulation, anyways... and Web 4.0 will fix it."

OverClocked ReMix will start accepting cryptocurrency immediately, to facilitate this shift to an RFT-based marketplace of digital web 3.0 content assets. Instructions are available on all mix pages. Ethereum, Bitcoin, and NiceWorkCoin will all be accepted from the start, with additional cryptocurrencies to follow.

There are no plans to support Zircoin, now or in the future.

image.png

I think that the most exciting thing about this is the technology behind it. NFTs and blockchain technologies have been rightfully dinged for driving up the prices of consumer-level graphics cards, making it prohibitively expensive for gamers to purchase things like 3080s and the like. But with OCR's pioneering work on RFTs, we've managed to pivot and repurpose older consumer-level sound cards to handle the bulk of the processing power required to a) initially funge, 2) refunge, and d) ultimately defunge the tokens in question (if needed). We have an absolutely massive array of Creative Labs Sound Blaster Audigies in our VA-based data center faciilty. It's very impressive.

14 hours ago, Antonio Pizza said:

NiceWorkCoin has me HYPED!

Any plans to accept SakaguchiGil, FreshGreen(s)backs, or AybabtuZigs?

All the Zigs were already launched (for great justice), so that's a negative.

Our lawyers have unfortunately informed us that we would need specific contracts consenting to sale of digital assets as RFTs, and also that RFTs "aren't actually a thing," so with many regrets we've had to withdraw these bold plans.

The ALL POLKA ALL THE TIME thing is still on, though 😉