Anyone interested in another SGX remix contest thingy?

sgx

EDIT: OFFICIAL DETAILS

It's late so I'm just going to link to my webpage with the deets instead of writing it all out here for now.

SGXRMX2 SGX Remix Project 2.0

rmx2sig.gif

huh...can you not edit titles in this forum?

I'm thinking about running another remix contest.

Probably this time I will pick three songs from Chroma that people can choose from, and I'll have zips full of individual audio files/loops available.

I'm not going to produce another album of remixes (BTSB sold like poo), so they'll all be up for free, and maybe I'll stick them in as extra data content on my next album or something.

I think I might just pick my favorite three I get and send those people SGX T-Shirts or something. Every submission will be posted on my site regardless of quality.

Which three tracks from Chroma would you like to remix? I'm definitely including Coactive because I already have that sliced out for the Coactive flash thingy.

I'm thinking Coactive, Me Semper Maneas, and Crowdpleaser/Crowdpleaser Drop The Mic Mix so people can have fun with vocals.

What do you think? Just guaging interest right now. Due date would probably be April or something somewhat far off so plenty of people have time. Let me know if you have any suggestions.

icon10.gif I think mr.green approves of this remix compo idea. (right click on the mr.green image down at the bottom and copy, and then paster where u want it)

Haven would def be a sick track to remix, along with the other 3. Maybe just do the 4 of them? Me Semper Maneas would also be pretty sick with some crazy glitch action.

Are we strictly goin off of loops and audio samples, or will midis and rns files be available?

icon10.gif I think mr.green approves of this remix compo idea. (right click on the mr.green image down at the bottom and copy, and then paster where u want it)

Haven would def be a sick track to remix, along with the other 3. Maybe just do the 4 of them? Me Semper Maneas would also be pretty sick with some crazy glitch action.

Are we strictly goin off of loops and audio samples, or will midis and rns files be available?

I'll stick in the RNS files, but all of the tracks weren't made just with Reason. I worked with Reason, Project5 and ACID with all of those so the reason files won't be the whole story.

What would be wild is some crazy mashups between some of the tracks.

Well I'm gonna have to look through my stuff and make sure I can actually make loops out of all of it. Haven seems popular so I'll try and get that too.

Too wide!! lol..

yea I cant make sense of your project 5 file, and how it interacts with reason. The sound is very different, and I'm obviously missing alot of sounds. If you could make some sort of sample pack of that, that would be awesome. But it doesnt look as if there is too much want to remix that song. If not, then I'll take a crack at coactive

I've got Coactive, Me Semper Maneas, and Haven ready to go almost. I looked at Crowdpleaser and it will be a bit of a pain to chop up and I think I've remixed it plenty already, so I don't think I'll include CP. I think instead I'll do Lofi Attitude. It's probably not a favorite, but I'd love to hear some new stuff done with it.

Expect a big project page with details and the files by this weekend hopefully.

Yeah that's definitely cool. (I feel like I mentioned that somewhere already). In fact, what I'm working on has a little cross-remixination going on (Mostly Coactive, but a couple little Haven snips).

You wanna hear it? I was gonna hold it but I am quite excited about what I've started. This is two nights work...structure is very loose right now, just gettin some grooves down.

http://www.sgxmusic.com/sgxcoaction.mp3

edit:

What do you guys think about prizes? Are T-Shirts good enough? I'll probably design a new shirt by then so hopefully it will be nifty.. Is there anything I could do instead? I could do CD's but I have a feeling half the people remixing already own an SGX CD. Maybe I can offer a choice. Free TShirt or free CD of choice.

Yeah that's definitely cool. (I feel like I mentioned that somewhere already). In fact, what I'm working on has a little cross-remixination going on (Mostly Coactive, but a couple little Haven snips).

You wanna hear it? I was gonna hold it but I am quite excited about what I've started. This is two nights work...structure is very loose right now, just gettin some grooves down.

http://www.sgxmusic.com/sgxcoaction.mp3

Sweet! icon_mrgreen.gif

edit:

What do you guys think about prizes? Are T-Shirts good enough? I'll probably design a new shirt by then so hopefully it will be nifty.. Is there anything I could do instead? I could do CD's but I have a feeling half the people remixing already own an SGX CD. Maybe I can offer a choice. Free TShirt or free CD of choice.

I think the Shirt or CD option would be fine.