Final Fantasy 6 Opera Scene - Thoughts on material development ideas?

Hi everybody, I'm curious to get some thoughts on a plan I have:

I want to make an extended version of the FF6 Opera Scene. I know there's about 4 or 5 different versions of the text, but there's also non-spoken dialogue in the Scene which isn't sung, but I was considering including this as sung dialogue, or maybe even playing two different versions together to "flesh out" sections.

For example: The First Scene, when Draco sings:

"Oh Maria, Oh Maria, Though I call you from afar, Will this message reach your Heart? Oh how I long to be with you!"

I was thinking of including immediately after it another version, which reads:

"Oh Maria, Oh Maria, My beloved, do you hear My words whispered in your ear As if I were by your side?"

I was curious if this may be a well-received idea, or if most people may just prefer the original length and just one version of the libretto??

Personally I'm always opened to seeing people's own take on things, It's why i'll listen to 10 different covers sung by 10 different people, because each person puts a bit of themselves into it.

So seeing you're own personal take on the Opera Scene would also be great to experience, since usually with any song that has lyrics tied to it, can be interpreted differently based on the individual listening.