Mountainous Maze - Zelda: OOS, OOT, TP

Lemonectric

-UNFINISHED-

Mountainous Maze

-UNFINISHED-

This remix is centered around Oracle of Season's Tarm Ruins theme, but songs from Ocarina of Time and Twilight Princess have been thrown in as well.

I plan to write a little description walking the listener through the song when I'm finished with it. Basically, this remix will play around with the Tarm Ruins theme in several different ways, based on the areas you pass through during that quest:

Complete

Not complete

1. Upbeat Lost Woods (includes OOT Lost Woods and Forest Temple)

2. Mysterious Ruins (includes TP Spirit Spring)

3. Epic Mountaintop (includes TP Hyrule Field)

4. Arabianesque Dungeon (includes OOT Potion Shop)

5. Intense Boss Battle (may include TP Baboon Miniboss)

I wanted to know how it was coming. I know, I'm always starting several remixes at the same time, but I had to get this idea out of my head. Any thoughts/critique/bashes?

Darn it. It doesn't let me edit the topic title. :C

Hey, some good stuff you got there. I really liked the beginning, with the strings and the oboe. But when the drums came in they seemed really flat, I'd spend a little more time with the effects for them. (Or it's just my speakers)

The oboe seemed to go really out of tune in the first minute of playing, but when the flute came in, everything was better. I liked the transition around 1:01, but it might seem too abrupt to some people.

Around 1:48-ish there's a cool horn counter melody, I'd bring that out a bit more. Actually, the whole piece could use some liberal use of brass. (but hey, as a brass player, that's just what I want to hear. :))

I like it. Can't wait to hear the final thing.

Updated. See first post for exact finishments and nonfinishments.

I really suck at making percussion sound good. The judges think so, too, so I don't think it's your speakers. Does anyone have some good tips for making them sound realistic? Because I've exhausted myself trying out effects.

The oboe may sound a little off during the Lost Woods theme, but I sort of meant it to be a bit disorienting, like the Lost Woods.

I can give you more brass, though. ;)

The epic mountaintop has been concluded with the TP Hyrule Field theme. And here's a sample of what I'd like the mini story to be like. I think it'll help the listener understand the reason for jumping around in different themes. I'll probably add times to the story so people can read the part that goes with a specific piece of the music.

The sky darkens, and Link enters a mysterious tower for shelter. He finds that it is far from abandoned; mummies and snakes lurk around every corner. Finishing off a batch of the monsters, he runs through a door and nearly falls into a pit of blackness. What is this? The song has ended abruptly! All he can do is wait until the music decides to continue creating the environment for him.