Free Music

OverCoat

There might be some good jazz stuff on Archive.org.

Yep!

http://www.archive.org/search.php?query=jazz%20AND%20mediatype%3Aaudio

Actually... I dunno if it's good or not, you'll have to look through it yourself! I'm glad Archive started using that flash player so you could listen to the songs before downloading them.

I came across this guy randomly on a music production forum, just wanted to listen to a brief clip of his stuff but ended up downloading everything I could and spending a few hours listening to it instead. I love when that happens.

DZK - http://www.soundclick.com/pro/view/01/default.cfm?BandID=12347

White rapper from VA. Incredibly literate, slightly nerdy but not in a gay nerdcore way (sorry nerdcore fans), excellent flow and delivery. His cheesier subjects are hilarious (check out "High School Girls"), while there's some serious stuff that I just wasn't expecting to hear from a rapper at all (the disturbing "Vile Dialect" about religious zealotry, blurring the lines between good and evil, etc.). Other highlights for me were "We Murderaz," "Only a Minute Ago." I'm still going through all his work, only "Hey Ladies" disappointed me. This guy's talent is a bit scary.

ETA: His Kurt Cobain impersonation is eerily dead-on.

Okay since none of my regular places have released anything for a while, here's a random musician's site.

Maktone! Yay, chiptunes!

I recommend using the "download all!" button at the top of each song page. Of course, for the .sid files, you'll need a .sid player. But for the amount of music already there it's worth it. And I can give you more .sids if you like. Anyway, as far as Maktone's best goes, CLASS01.MOD, CLASS09.MOD, CLASS10.MOD, SAC07.MOD, NEWMORE.MOD, and powerplant.sid are the ones I listen to the most.

The best thing about this site though is you can get every single one of his songs in less than a minute if you have DSL or higher. His songs barely ever go above 6 kb.

New Acrilic Colors!

thing.jpg

#202a-202e acrilic colors / thing from another world [stream]

welcoming back acrilic colors. after his first ep on kahvi last year, this popular artist has diversified slightly from his course, concentrating on high detail, descriptive passages within his music. the thing from another world is a trip through textures, spot samples (which you may recognise!) and unique melodies. ambient, melodic idm and easy listening combined into one compact yet very listenable package. personal favorite is the wonderfully named 'ununquadium rarefaction', pure art in a digital waveform.

leave feedback

download album art download whole ep as mp3 (.zip)

the thing from another world [stream]

groove o'clock [stream]

maestitia passing by [stream]

starfish oblivion [stream]

ununquadium rarefaction [stream]

Funny thing was I was JUST listening to his first Kahvi release today, which I also recommend! It can be found here:

http://kahvi.org/105.php

Mono and Kahvi seem to release at the same time. Funny how that works.

mtk178.jpg

Message>> Something different, this time out, with the part nu-chill, part world music, part live-played album, 'Rai-Ken' from Bristol, UK native Ollie Cram - it's pitched somewhere between the chillout of previous Monotonik releaser Izmar and something much further out than that, and that's why we dig it.

Things start out with 'Over Yonder', all interplay with the live-played organ - there's also guitar, keyboards, synth, bass, and mandolin played live on the album by Mr. Cram himself - before we move on to the funky guitar interplay of 'Whatever You Say', and far beyond that.

Some other highlights? The positively glorious strut of 'Peace In Our Land', and the almost elevator-muzak chill of 'Rai-Ken' itself. Again, this may not quite be our normal speed, but I think that's why we like it - it's good to be different, and the album, which was previously available on a number of paid music download portals, is all kinds of out there.

Download Ollie Cram's 'Rai-Ken' from: 1. "Over Yonder" - (d/l archive.org support.nl scene.org)

2. "Whatever You Say" - (d/l archive.org support.nl scene.org)

3. "It Could Have Been Me" - (d/l archive.org support.nl scene.org)

4. "Down Quietways" - (d/l archive.org support.nl scene.org)

5. "Blame" - (d/l archive.org support.nl scene.org)

6. "Hey Mama" - (d/l archive.org support.nl scene.org)

7. "Peace In our Land" - (d/l archive.org support.nl scene.org)

8. "Maya" - (d/l archive.org support.nl scene.org)

9. "Awaiting Alanna" - (d/l archive.org support.nl scene.org)

10. "Rai-Ken" - (d/l archive.org support.nl scene.org)

11. "There's Something To Be Said" - (d/l archive.org support.nl scene.org)

12. "Magic" - (d/l archive.org support.nl scene.org)

..or download the entire release [.ZIP link], stream, or review the track at its Internet Archive release page.

virt_-_FX3.gif Virt

FX3

8BP071 MP3 A young boy trapped between warring nations stumbles through a time rift, and upon a terrible conspiracy spanning generations! He finds safety in the warm embrace of a tall, handsome vampire who helps him return home and shows him how to love again. But is there anything left of his world? virt answers this question, returning to his absurdly detailed progressive NES sound for a long-awaited 8bitpeoples debut. Don't feel bad about headbanging to chiptunes - just indulge. A double album by PRIESTCAVE, featuring these original tracks and fully produced arrangements, is also currently underway.

01. Incident 01

02. Survivors

03. Bedtime Story

04. Night And Day

05. Choppastyle

06. Thrash

07. Across Rooftops

08. Scorched Sands

09. Visitor

10. Try

11. He's a Radical Rat

creative_commons.gif

virt just released FX3. You can find FX1and 2 on Mono211.