Free Music

OverCoat

Amazingly enough, there's a new camomille release!

http://www.camomillemusic.com/cam099.htm

haven't listened yet, but it looks nice and long :3

in related news, kaneel assures me that the 100th cam release is gonna be awesome.

[02:16] <@kaneel> and dooooood

[02:16] <@kaneel> next camo

[02:16] <@kaneel> camo 100

[02:16] <@kaneel> is the biggest compilation you'll ever see

[02:17] <+soc> huzzah

hd_latestmonotonikrelease.gif

Date Release Id File info Artist Title 21/07/07 mtk.mp3.186 [5 tracks, 21 minutes, 28.1mb] Renzu

'Reiha EP'

mtk187s.jpg

Message>> We're delighted to debut the first Monotonik release from the Chicago-based Renzu, a professional 3D animator and self-described 'animation nerd' and composer of rather deliciously lush IDM soundscapes. And the 'Reiha EP' is just a sampling of his layered, deceptively complex electronic music stylings.

Renzu explains of his background: "My story is very typical of my generation of IDM artists in that I got inspired by BBS/internet computer music and started with trackers from an early age (10) and went from there. Following the artists of that general lineage and/or demoscene-relation like Lackluster, Sense, Esem, MD, Proem, Brothomstates and so on -- it's no surprise I'm a fan of Monotonik."

Well, it certainly makes a lot of sense on the label, with the opening 'Serifu' showing cascading rivulets of sound, before the title track ticks along beautifully with an almost Blade Runner-esque alien tinge to the electronics. Other highlights include 'Akihabara Time-Lapse', with voices sampled from Japanese talking calendar software, counting up the hours of the day and the days of the month. And 'Leviathan' is an epic boom bip of an ending lament. Thanks again to Renzu for providing the noise.

Download Renzu's 'Reiha EP' from: 1. "Serifu" - (d/l archive.org support.nl scene.org)

2. "Reiha" - (d/l archive.org support.nl scene.org)

3. "Xephon" - (d/l archive.org support.nl scene.org)

4. "Akihabara Time Lapse" - (d/l archive.org support.nl scene.org)

5. "Leviathan" - (d/l archive.org support.nl scene.org)

..or download the entire release [.ZIP link], stream, or review the track at its Internet Archive release page.

[17:17] <+soc> don't you have any new videos

[17:17] <@kaneel> and people will email me about that

[17:17] <@kaneel> no no soc

[17:17] <@kaneel> but I plan

[17:17] <@kaneel> sooner than soon.

[17:17] <@kaneel> i'm just so busy with my job and life

[17:17] <+soc> just freestyle something and pump one out :D

[17:17] <@kaneel> since my latest liveset i'm on holidays

[17:17] <@kaneel> ho btw

[17:17] <@kaneel> you got the liveset?

[17:17] <+soc> not really no :o

[17:17] <+wome> is that the render 6

[17:17] <+wome> 87to / / / / / / / / / / / / / / / / / / / / / / / / / / / / / / / / / / / / / /

[17:17] <@kaneel> soc: http://kaneel.free.fr/livesets/liveset_empo_130707/

Edit: oops, I forgot. Maybe some of you don't know kaneel's style. Well, it's chilled out idm glitch. If you don't know what that means, try downloading it and listening!

Yay, this thread has 200 posts :D

hd_latestmonotonikrelease.gif

Date Release Id File info Artist Title 05/08/07 mtk.mp3.188 [11 tracks, 42 minutes, 57.3mb] Ckid

'Down With Ghosts'

mtk188s.jpg

Message>> We're delighted to welcome back René 'Ckid' Margraff, the German electronic artist who released on Monotonik back in 2000 (as Crashkid) and 2001, and went on to notable physical releases on Becalmed and Duotone Records, back to the label with a beautifully formed, evocative full-length album, 'Down With Ghosts'.

Full of chanted and whispered vocals and an evocative, almost shoegaze-centric attitude to idm/electronics, 'Down With Ghosts' starts with the semi-conscious drawl of 'From A To Z', before the title track crosses subtle beats with drifting vocals, and things flow swiftly on.

Some of the other highlights include 'Even Smaller', which verges on decidedly funereal, paranoid pop music, and 'Blink', which swirls in layers and layers of vocals, melodies, and indecision, and multiple switches back to the 'Ghosts' formula, with the final one adding vocals, guitars, and vocoders to the mix. This is a mature, sophisticated, and wholly formed album, and we're very pleased to put it out.

Download Ckid's 'Down With Ghosts' from: 1. "From A To Z" - (d/l archive.org support.nl scene.org)

2. "Down With Ghosts" - (d/l archive.org support.nl scene.org)

3. "Empty Carpark" - (d/l archive.org support.nl scene.org)

4. "Ghost 3 (Yurei)" - (d/l archive.org support.nl scene.org)

5. "Even Smaller" - (d/l archive.org support.nl scene.org)

6. "Time Monsters" - (d/l archive.org support.nl scene.org)

7. "Backwards" - (d/l archive.org support.nl scene.org)

8. "Mulch" - (d/l archive.org support.nl scene.org)

9. "Blink" - (d/l archive.org support.nl scene.org)

10. "Closed" - (d/l archive.org support.nl scene.org)

11. "Ghost4" - (d/l archive.org support.nl scene.org)

..or download the entire release [.ZIP link], stream, or review the track at its Internet Archive release page.

From: s_c281489ff323d65b9951e374984b5d03.jpg Aleksi Eeben

Date: Aug 11, 2007 11:04 AM Subject: Aleksi Eeben Update Body: I have now updated my three albums at Twango and Last.fm. Click the cover images below for more information about the music.

Also visit my blog which lists some of my current and past projects: music, games, minigames, 8-bit hacks, console development tools, sound utilities etc.

fourtales.jpg

Download the album: fourtales.zip

Streaming playback: Twango or Last.fm

threetimes.jpg

Download the album: threetimes.zip

avaruusmies.jpg

Download the album: avaruusmies.zip

Hooray, new ansi!

newtop1.jpg

<li class="release"> ansi038) ] qetoret (gong fog) [15.6 MB | 16:15]

• at 39 releases and counting, we're still considerably young in the scheme of things, and we're glad to slowly broaden our collective's aesthetic scope with tracks such as "qetoret (gong fog)". this superficially sparse but fascinatingly layered piece is one of a select few in our catalogue to feature discernible vocal elements, however incomprehensible.

Just in case y'all don't know, I'm using ThaSauce for free music pimping now, and I like the weekly format better. I dunno if I wanna continue this thread anymore because nobody's using it but me, so I'm just gonna post a weekly column on ThaSauce for free music every Sunday night. There's already 3, and here's the latest one.