What happened to Unmod?

DarkOmenDKA

It's kind of like when my uncle met Dennis Deyoung, of Styx fame, and learned he was an ass.

DON'T TELL ME I DON'T WANT TO KNOW D:

I think the claims that ALL mods generalize about Unmodders is a uhm.. generalization.

Really. Stop generalizing, all of you. (lulz that was totally on purpose)

No, but most (if not all) of those who have voiced their opinions of UnMod before people like zyko and Bahamut spoke up have made negative and generalizing comments towards the whole of the UnMod community.

Yeah. Like people have said before, it's been done on both sides. It's very easy to generalize, and there are a lot less moderators than UnModders so the percentages are going to be skewed.

Yeah. Like people have said before, it's been done on both sides. It's very easy to generalize, and there are a lot less moderators than UnModders so the percentages are going to be skewed.

Isn't that one reason why the staff of this site should be more careful in how they act towards this site's members (even the ones they view as "worthless")? Much of the shit that certain staff have flung in UnMod's direction only shows that they don't have the maturity and self-control that their position should demand of them. If they really think that they're mature and intelligent than we are, then they should REALLY start acting like it instead of saying, "well, you really don't contribute to this site at all seeing as how you're an UnMod abuser, so we don't give a damn what you think. Sorry! ;P"

By the way, I am 17. I should not have to tell a bunch of college-age jerkoffs to act more mature. It should be the other way around.

Isn't that one reason why the staff of this site should be more careful in how they act towards this site's members (even the ones they view as "worthless")? Much of the shit that certain staff have flung in UnMod's direction only shows that they don't have the maturity and self-control that their position should demand of them. If they really think that they're mature and intelligent than we are, then they should REALLY start acting like it instead of saying, "well, you really don't contribute to this site at all seeing as how you're an UnMod abuser, so we don't give a damn what you think. Sorry! ;P"

By the way, I am 17. I should not have to tell a bunch of college-age jerkoffs to act more mature. It should be the other way around.

Just so you know, we've been trying to correct such things, but emotionally wound up people don't exchange the best of words.

Heh, I'm 17 as well.

Pretty silly that some of us young'uns have been acting more mature. :rolleyes:

Maybe... Depends on how immature it is to make fun of Pixie's nose.

Edit: Oh yeah, and I'm still curious:

Who posted the "UnMod getting deleted" picture anyway?

And who posted the middle finger picture? Does anyone even have that now?

...Those pictures are really infuriating, because it's so obvious what Pixie was thinking when she posted those pictures. Same goes for everyone who crowded around DJP when he deleted UnMod. They just had to rub it in, didn't they?

Wonderful.

Edit: Yes Coop, and the captions identify zircon, Bahamut, and of course DJP himself. Probably more than just that, but I can't tell.

Edit2: Figured the Pixie roleplay was inappropriate, so... yeah.

Are those people OCR staff members?

djp is in the photo on the very left, as well as me, rama, pixie, and zircon. It was a joke photo, although some did take it a little seriously in its posting (which is why it shouldn't have been posted and has been deleted from the original post since). Notice Rama has his hands up, someone had the \m/, and I wasn't even really looking at the camera (I am a lazy fucker - I was lying down).

Well, I didn't know those pics had been posted in this forum. Even more, that they were kept and not removed. If the whole issue is hostility when certain unmodders posted pics or fanfic of her (I'd personally never go that far), why aren't those pics considered hostile? The intention of them is quite clear despite the "sorry guys, all in good fun" disclaimer. Such disclaimer would never work in favor of unmod's case.

Bah. Whatever. This is pointless. I will just check for remixes, and maybe, maaaaaaaybe check off topic, depending on who stays.

rofl how the fuck did I outlive UnMod?

You didn't actually break any rules, maybe?

Sorry Yami, but it's the truth. :(

Edit:

Well, I didn't know those pics had been posted in this forum. Even more, that they were kept and not removed. If the whole issue is hostility when certain unmodders posted pics or fanfic of her (I'd personally never go that far), why aren't those pics considered hostile? The intention of them is quite clear despite the "sorry guys, all in good fun" disclaimer. Such disclaimer would never work in favor of unmod's case.

QFE. This is just sad.

I've been visiting OCR since it was orange, though lurking the forums for far less long. Poking my head into unmod for some quick laughs, and even the occassional interesting thread was one of the few reasons I check out OCR anymore. I was really shocked (but, honestly, not too surprised) to log in the other day, and find it gone.

At any rate, I doubt it means much, but I'm sorry you guys lost your forum. At least you made one random lurker laugh, I guess.

djp is in the photo on the very left, as well as me, rama, pixie, and zircon. It was a joke photo, although some did take it a little seriously in its posting (which is why it shouldn't have been posted and has been deleted from the original post since). Notice Rama has his hands up, someone had the \m/, and I wasn't even really looking at the camera (I am a lazy fucker - I was lying down).

Can't imagine why it would be taken seriously, considering it makes it appear everyone involved was just having a big laugh over what would undoubtedly upset and anger a lot of people on OCR... especially considering who posted them. I have to admit to feeling a good amount of disappointment in, and lessened respect for, those cheery looking folks when I saw it.

...Those pictures are really infuriating, because it's so obvious what Pixie was thinking when she posted those pictures. Same goes for everyone who crowded around DJP when he deleted UnMod. They just had to rub it in, didn't they?

Wonderful.

Yeah, it definitely... Well, whatever. As for it all being in good fun- considering how strongly people felt about that forum, very poor judgment if it was meant as anything other than a big middle finger. If that is what it was, I'm not sure if this is a place I want to be. Don't know if I'd be welcome at .org, since (as I keep saying) I was never a strong presence in Unmod. But in any event, I need to think about whether or not I'll be continuing to post around here- not that it matters, since I assume I don't contribute anything.

At any rate, I doubt it means much, but I'm sorry you guys lost your forum. At least you made one random lurker laugh, I guess.

Yeah... There's honestly not a lot of people (if any) who understand what that forum meant to us regulars. And it's not so much the deletion itself, as has been stated before, but more the way in which it went out. This may sound cheesy, but I feel the forum hasn't been given a proper goodbye - a point which the posts linked to above only reinforces. I'm sure a lot of UnModders feel the same way. Sure, the community will still be around at .org, but it'll never be what it once was - and this last blow will leave a deep and indelible scar on the very spirit of UnMod.

I mean, shit, I've been going to that forum for 3.5 years. I can only be expected to have sentimental feelings towards it, even if it WAS just a forum on the internet. The community was unique, and I have to wonder if there's any community anywhere that even came close to it. It's not something that any outsider would be able to comprehend. You had to participate in it to appreciate it, and you had to be connected to it to love it.

Well, I guess that'll count as my eulogy to UnMod. Requiescat in pace.

Edit: Goddammit, last time I felt like this I was watching Elfen Lied.

Your missing the point. I could talk about dumb kiddy topics all day. What really show maturity is the fact that people here don't get in lame trivial arguments and end up calling eachother gay.

THAT'S the reason I left GameFaqs. People can't even spell correctly there, let alone keep up fun conversations.

*giggle*

Notice how I am not calling you gay, though.

If OffTop is just UnMod without the illegal stuff, I'm fine with it.

There really wasn't much illegal stuff at all in unmod, save for the occasional linked mp3 or torrent. Posting pictures of penises may be objectionable to many, but it isn't illegal (unless you're underage). Regardless, the amount of that type of content had actually been dwindling in unmod's final months of existence.

Those that think that Unmod was just a bunch of shitcockery and devoid of intellectual conversation are sadly mistaken, and, as Coop pointed out, probably didn't spend enough time there to find out what it was all about.

I understand the need for unmod to grow up with the site, but it's the attitude over the past week or two that's making OCR unappealing. I don't feel wanted here, at all.
I definitely got that feeling as well. Pixietricks' comment about fading away etc. really brought the feeling to a boil, though. So I threw some pasta in the pot and had a delicious meal.

I don't hold anything against the mods unless they do something to warrant my displeasure, and PT's post was really the only one to do that in a very long time.

*sigh* enough ranting. Also see this post I made.

e-dit: wow, i hadn't seen those "deleting unmod" pics. it makes me sad in my soul-chan.