What happened to Unmod?

DarkOmenDKA

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Now, before I ask this, I just want to explain that I didn't think it proper to create a new thread somewhere else, and I'm looking for a very specific explaination in mind. I'm also curerently using a different account because I don't care enough to remember the password to my 3-year-old account, and it was signed to a different e-mail host that is now closed. Stupid question: Why did you obliterate UnMod? I havent't visited OCR in myabe 6 months, or possibly even a year, but I know that there's always been a very tumulturous relationship between you and the members of its supposedly self-contained community. I know that from its angry, irreverant depths all sorts of trouble arose to just plain piss off everybody. But there was a closer feeling of community there, even I wasn't an active participant. Amidst the flaming members forged primary groups with honest relationships - limited by the internet of course but honest all the same.

I guess, in the end, it doesn't make too mauch of a difference. AD is still around, maintaing the role of neighborhood assface. Coop is keeping regular postings, too. Members whose rantings are actually worth a damn still stick around, and self-absorbed insultive flaming can be had on 4chan. It's just so...much. People would constantly joke about this unsung war raging on behind the scenes between you and the Mods versus members like Nekofrog (whom I surprisingly don't miss much) and Firedrake. But I took it to be farce. So how did that change?

There was actually a topic announcing it here. I don't know what happened to it. Simple, short answer: the forum was more trouble than it was worth. Too many troublemakers were "born" there and spilled over on to other forums, causing extra headaches for mods, not to mention there was an unsettling amount of stupid threads (trolling/spamming, flaming, fad threads, etc).

Except the amount of problems offtopic has caused does not even begin to approach the day-to-day troubles of Unmod. Anyway, back on topic?

thats because the people who were a part of the greatness of unmod left

offtopic is freaking boring without them

Talking about the OCR forums is off topic in a thread about OCR?

Whatever, not like there isn't already a massive thread about unmod already anyway

Touche. Added to the locked thread.

And locked.

EDIT:

Greetings.

I'm not usually one to ask questions about a forum being modded, but Bahamut's statement in the "OCR address" thread ("This is not the appropriate place to discuss this anyhow."), and what soon happened to all the posts about what [K] asked, have made me wonder. First, all the posts on his question were moved to a thread that was made (apparently) by you ("Dear God, NOOOOOOOOOOO! (Where UnMod be at, yo, nigga yo?))", then it was all merged into another older thread in Community ("Where did UnMod go?"), and finally locked.

If people can't talk about what's happened on the OCR forums, on the OCR forums, then where exactly are they supposed to talk about these things?

You know me well enough to know that isn't a smart-assed question. I can understand moving the posts with a thread split, but was locking it truly a necessity? Sure, UnMod's deletion was certainly quite the drama, but somehow the topic seems to be growing a bit taboo here.

The only reason those posts joined that locked thread, was because it's beating a dead horse. A dead horse with flies on it. Flies with Protricity's face on it, complete with his long nose hair. But because you're nice, I'll allow everyone to beat the dead horse again.

602__image_09.jpg

Yeah. The biggest problem is all the new places...

Off Top has become more like Gen Disc but without the fail and the wandering newbies who are annoying. Still barely alive though

UM.O has it's own ruleset and if you wheren't around since the start of it then it's annoying and awkward. For some reason I just don't visit it that often, but I like where it's headed with the new serious sections

CakeArmy.org's ReMod was a great idea initially, but now it's a post count whore spot with a lot of threads and stuff I just don't care about, and I wish it had a General Discussion section to offset the post whore-ism but it doesn't, just some small game talk section

The answer came to me in the way of Shoryuken.com and maybe even SmashBoards.com for a little time. Dunno though, there go good times, and it's hard to get adjusted. I doubt anyone will ever be adjusted.

Yeah. The biggest problem is all the new places...

Off Top has become more like Gen Disc but without the fail and the wandering newbies who are annoying. Still barely alive though

UM.O has it's own ruleset and if you wheren't around since the start of it then it's annoying and awkward. For some reason I just don't visit it that often, but I like where it's headed with the new serious sections

CakeArmy.org's ReMod was a great idea initially, but now it's a post count whore spot with a lot of threads and stuff I just don't care about, and I wish it had a General Discussion section to offset the post whore-ism but it doesn't, just some small game talk section

The answer came to me in the way of Shoryuken.com and maybe even SmashBoards.com for a little time. Dunno though, there go good times, and it's hard to get adjusted. I doubt anyone will ever be adjusted.

man you freakin nailed it (well smashboards and shoryuken aint for me), that's why unmod was so perfect

also it was freakin funny

just fyi laughing is a good thing!

The only reason those posts joined that locked thread, was because it's beating a dead horse. A dead horse with flies on it. Flies with Protricity's face on it, complete with his long nose hair. But because you're nice, I'll allow everyone to beat the dead horse again.

That's good to know, because, well , I think I've missed virtually every major event here. Everything that's part of our little "culture". When the site became blue, when it became silver, the $350 hat thread, Pixie's ascension to staff member ( or was it alwauys like that? I suck at lurking), when Nem finally lost the game, the sidebar exodus...

And then I leave, waste my time at freaking 4chan (which has corrupted me in ways UnMod and my time at SA never did), revisit OCR expecting some kind of reprive for my sanity, and I'm met with this.

I feel like such a useless (doesn't bother me, worn that label for years) ass for not even noticing this thread before asking my stupid little question. I didn't feel like asking anyone at .org because, well...I don't really need to explain the attitude soem of the more elitist members displayed to newbies, do I? But after going through all these pages, and seeing what heppened during my absence, I feel satisfaction. It's not enough to rease the gloom of losing a vital component of the only other forum I visit, but it's something to dull the edge. Closure is such a nice thing to experience. It seemed as if the community had just carried on without a hitch, but then I see posts by people like Dshu, Sauzer, schlapadoink, the Coop, Xelebes, lurkers, yourself, and most importantly, DJP. I see how this event has affected eveyone, and what they plan to do to rectify the errors it has rought. And the explanation I was owed is paid.

Anyway, I should get bask to lurking and leeching. Maybe I'll have the chance to actually contribute something, seeing as how nearly all the other posts I've ever had were wastes. I dunno.

Let this die, or something, O.K.?

;250581']I feel like such a useless (doesn't bother me' date=' worn that label for years) ass for not even noticing this thread before asking my stupid little question.[/quote']

Well, it was a pretty old thread buried in who knows what page (only reason I knew it still existed was because its listed in my subscriptions) so it's not your fault for missing it.