What will the difference between GenDisc and Off-topic be?

Murmeli Walan

This will probably get locked/deleted, but I'm seriously wondering here, and I'm pretty sure I'm not alone. From what I can tell in the trends of moderation, General Discussion is for discussion about video games, movies, TV, music, books, and OCR-related projects. The new Off-topic forum will be about UnMod-style postings and threads about posters lives and goings on and that sort of thing.

Would I be right in this assumption?

IE

None of the following old unmod threads:

Hentai Page

Asain page

Ass page

Boobies page

Elfgirl and catgirl page

hmm what else

Nothing that is above a pg-13 rating.

Ummm, no random threads, no trolling, uhhhh, no swearing, no 'adult' content...

Hmm what else...

Basically, WHAT ARE YOU LISTENING TO, WHAT'S YOUR DESKTOP, WHAT'S YOUR FAVORITE COLOR, POST A PICTURE OF YOURSELF, those kind of threads.

This will probably get locked/deleted, but I'm seriously wondering here, and I'm pretty sure I'm not alone. From what I can tell in the trends of moderation, General Discussion is for discussion about video games, movies, TV, music, books, and OCR-related projects. The new Off-topic forum will be about UnMod-style postings and threads about posters lives and goings on and that sort of thing.

Would I be right in this assumption?

You are correct. General Discussion is games, anime, music, and any topics directly related. Off Topic will not be "UnMod-style postings", though SOME of the content may be similar. The moderation for Off Topic will be identical to General Discussion. The only difference will be the content allowed.

Since this has already been decided unanimously by all of the site staff, there is no point in discussing this here, so I'll lock it. Feel free to ask questions to moderators/site staff in PM if you are still confused.