Zelda: A Link To The Past - Ganon's Battle Hymn

MartinH

https://youtu.be/DwJLgB_wPc8

I played this game quite early when it was released on SNES, but I never actually made a complete playthrough, so when I listen to this theme after this many years I have no memory of it. What really made me love it now afterwards was the rare time signature you hardly ever hear in video game music - 7/8. I know a lot of people don't know what it means, and it doesn't matter (I won't go into explaining it), it sounds really cool in this theme. 

I added a couple of more recognizable melodies from A Link To The Past as well - a variation of the Dark World theme and a variation of the Overworld theme/Hyrule field. I hope it made the remix more interesting and lively!

This is how I sectioned my remix:

0:00 - Ganon Battle
0:45 - Dark World variation
0:59 - Ganon Battle (reprise)
1:23 - Overworld variation
2:13 - Ganon Battle (ending)

And if you've listened through the whole Overworld variation part you should have noticed I changed the time signature to an ordinary 4/4 during a short while, just to get that groovy vibe.

It's always an immense amount of nostalgia that hits me whenever I hear music from A Link To The Past, it was so popular and great when it came. And until today it's at least as great, and will be forever. It's a timeless story within a timeless and magical fantasy world you could relive at any time, and also kind of relive in its sequels