OCR04345 - Xenogears "Dancing in the Sky"

First off, my apologies to @Jorito for sitting on this; I mistakenly assumed he had also contacted the panel. Glad this revised version can finally see the light of day - it's catchy, well-produced synthwave/pop, and the edits made do a lot to mitigate what I felt was a vocal that didn't quite match the rest of the track. I'm a bad-but-enthusiastic singer, and just to be clear my own Lunar mix would NEVER pass the panel today. I think this newer incarnation of this mix lands in a much better place, and while the panel did pass the original version, I would have veto'd it in that form, whereas now I'm on board. Good stuff!

I've had the previous version of this that I found I think a year ago for the duration up to this discovery, having found it whilst on a random search for any new remixes for the source tunes. I was certainly not expecting it to show up on Ocremix and even less expecting it to have some additional stuff in it. Wow.

I love it, but my biggest feeling is its untapped potential. I still wish it wasn't so cut-and-dry 8th and quarter notes, I keep wanting to take the MP3 and add some 16th note "additional bassline" stuff and cinematic percussion and then some GRRRRRRRRRRRrrrrr... guitar chugs. Singing's ok, I've gotten used to it and I'd have no way to improve upon it myself, but that's about the length of praise I have there.

That said, WINGS works great as synthwave and this mix has noticeably improved its sound quality and EQ. I've got my copy.