Chrono Trigger - Undersea Palace (EchoGhost Remix)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 6/22/2022 at 8:21 PM, Rukunetsu said:

Very nice; especially like the arrangement you've went for - However, the mixing could use some work (perhaps some compression on some of the leads or something) as at many parts, everything simply sounds too loud, as though EVERY instrument is fighting to be out in front/be the lead.

perfect, I figured it'd need some compression love, just needed to hear it. Thank you!

Nice track in general, however I agree with @Rukunetsu in terms of mixing/presence. IMHO (well, I'm not very experienced with mixing DOs and DON'Ts) another approach could be to shift volumes/presence between individual instruments to change the focus. On my "personal weapons of ear destruction", namely pipe organs, this would be dubbed a "dialogue", often executed by playing similar phrases on different keyboards/manuals with different registrations (=timbre). Could work out for this mix as well, I think.

Another thing that came across my mind was that long, repetitive intro of about a minute. It well builds up tension for the first 1-2 iterations, but then drastically lets that go by adding more and more repititions without anything new to happen. For that part, my suggestion would be to either shorten it or to integrate some other ("glittering"?) arpeggiated stuff or similar. Just an idea...

Would love to see that track evolve! :)