OCR04349 - Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time "Temple of Time: Chant & Carillon"

It is a very entertaining song, the entire piece kept me interested through its entirety.

The only issue I had was the "reversing tire" (6:20) with the rolling arpeggio(?) at the end. Just as if you watch a car tire spinning, when it reaches a certain speed, it seems to roll backwards even though it's still keeping pace and nothing is wrong with it. The tire effect seemed to fight with portions of the music as it lost itself in swirling intensity. It may have needed some kind of punctuation anchor to help it feel like it was going forward with the rest of the song. Some artists I've heard overcome it by changing the pitch on each repetition slightly so the casual user can hear each initiation better.

4 hours ago, Crono3of3time said:

It is a very entertaining song, the entire piece kept me interested through its entirety.

The only issue I had was the "reversing tire" (6:20) with the rolling arpeggio(?) at the end. Just as if you watch a car tire spinning, when it reaches a certain speed, it seems to roll backwards even though it's still keeping pace and nothing is wrong with it. The tire effect seemed to fight with portions of the music as it lost itself in swirling intensity. It may have needed some kind of punctuation anchor to help it feel like it was going forward with the rest of the song. Some artists I've heard overcome it by changing the pitch on each repetition slightly so the casual user can hear each initiation better.

Ah yes, the final carillon part... :)

"Reversing tire" is indeed a very fitting analogy. The effect was intended BTW to draw the listener "away" from it, i.e. to put more focus on the main melody / cantus firmus in the bass line, which alternates between the Great and the pedals. But yes, this can drive people crazy... :lol:

• 1 year later...
1 hour ago, CJthemusicdude said:

For the first few minutes, I was just vibing along with the track, having a chill time.  Then things kicked up a notch and the organ started going ham and got very interesting!  Great piece! :)

Thanks, CJ! "Going ham" is indeed what's going on there, haha. I still can't get enough of that particular dissonant chord, for which IIRC I used my nose to hit an extra key... :)