Is this community worth joining?

Treyt

Hey there, music artist here. I'm looking for a community/project/job/people to get more involved with. People to learn from, geek out over random music pieces, place for more exposure as an artist, etc. Whether you're an artist, or just enjoy game music, would you recommend getting involved here? And why?

Thanks,
-Me

One school of thought is that is you have to ask, you have your answer.

Another school is that you already answered yourself by joining.

But it's summer, and school is out. :grin:

Yeah, sure. Lots of talent pooled here, it's mostly just finding people that are free to collab and willing to invest the time. Just make sure anything you want to do is interesting and original.

I would say yes. I've been lurking here since the site opened. I started posting music around 2011 to the submission hoping that I can increase my ability as a musician. You have a really great community over here ready to give feedback and share their ambition either about games, or game music itself.

I really recommend it.

Biased because I help the site run these days, but I came in as just a fan (and am not a musician). Once I tried all the arrangements outside of the games I was nostalgic for, I only then realized how special this site and the community was.

If you’re interested in video game music, music production and collaboration, there’s arguably no better place to get better than here. :-) In terms of other VGM hobbyist arrangement communities, other places have more relaxed standards (not inherently a bad thing, just different, and OCR started the same way), and in terms of pro audio communities, it’s oftentimes difficult to get in depth (or civil and constructive) feedback.

There also the Discord server, which you should join at https://discord.gg/VABjqGa.

NO! RUN! SCURRY! FLEE!

Disappear into the woods and never look back at it! No matter how close behind you it feels or sounds, don't - turn - around! For should its eyes catch yours, you'll be forever imprisoned within its gaping mental maw... forced to live only on bad tuna.

Edited by The Coop

• 1 month later...

I am a very long-time lurker (my old account was wiped i believe from the old forum) but I have been around peeping since the early days and I will say this community is just filled with talented people who have helped me develop over-time. I actually got really life-changing advice when i was super young here about my direction of music and I took it to heart and well, now I am a much better artist than I ever have been. You will love it here! 

Much love ❤️