Star Fox - CORNERIA ( System Glow Remix )

system_glow

Hey guys!

First time posting here. Just thought I'd share a remix of some Star Fox music, particularly from the first level, "Corneria".  Hope you guys enjoy it, and was hoping to get some feedback! 

Thanks. ❤️

/michael

Edited by system_glow

• system_glow changed the title to Star Fox - CORNERIA ( System Glow Remix )

Evaluation: 

For starters, let me just start out by saying welcome to the community.

You have very solid production values here, samples executed cleanly and mixed down well.

0:12 was that Megaman X buster charging sound effect?? 

I like how your beat and the bassline work together to be a cohesive unit. 1:15 is exactly where you should be going with this, excellent mini-solo and interpretation on the theme.

So what's the problem?  The length of the track.  There's a lot to work with in the original that can be developed or expanded upon.  While we do get some cool solo at 1:11-1:33, I don't feel that it's enough for a piece that's only 1:56 and is very stylistically similar to the original.  You even use the orchestral hits just like in the original.  In the submission standards it says section 1. Format:

"2. We strongly recommend submissions between 2 and 7 minutes in length.

• Anything longer and evaluation may be delayed.
  • Anything shorter OR longer and it's often difficult to feature the original source music prominently & consistently."

What could work is if you really expand out some more interpretation on the themes and ideas from the original to help extend the length more and show even more of your own take on it.  It's a solid start thus far, and I look forward to seeing what you can do with it.  Work on those things and check back in.

[This is an automatically generated message]

I've reviewed your remix and have returned it to Work-in-Progress status, indicating that I think there are some things you still need to work on. After you work on your track and feel that it's ready for submission to OCR, please change the prefix back to Ready for Review and someone will review it again. Good luck!