Sonic 3 - Get Hydrated (Hydrocity Zone Act 2)

MartinH

https://youtu.be/7D_VAET_Hnc

During the making of any remix/cover I do, I mainly want the listeners to recognize the song and hopefully start to get some memories from the past. The same goes with this one. 

Hydrocity Zone is such a cool song (both act 1 and 2), I really love the funky grooves, which I also tried to keep through about a minute of my remix. So you will most likely recognize it a bit before I go loose on creativity and extension of the original melodies. There will be some solos and then some ambient part resulting in a half tempo ending. I just write the music as I hear it in my head and keep going with the flow. This is what came to mind this last week.

The intro SFX is intended to sound like Sonic starting to roll to gain that ridiculous speed. I searched through the SFX list from Sonic 3 and believed this is the correct sound of that.

Until today I was thinking a lot of putting some harmonizing melodies to the original ones, but I went for "less is more" this time and just kept one at a time lead synth to play all melodies.