Ah Hell no... Birds.

Shadix

http://www.cnn.com/2007/US/01/08/aus....ap/index.html

--

This isn't all though, after all these mysteriously dead birds appeared, birds have been acting odd WITHIN my town (which isn't too far away from Austin)... As if not paying attention to cars driving close to them (we almost ran one over this morning) , and another one acting weird in one of my neighbor's yard. Some of them were seemingly normal, but there were quite a few acting lethargic on the ground.

Whatever it is I hope we all don't start coming down with Bird Flu.

http://www.cnn.com/2007/US/01/08/aus....ap/index.html

--

This isn't all though, after all these mysteriously dead birds appeared, birds have been acting odd WITHIN my town (which isn't too far away from Austin)... As if not paying attention to cars driving close to them (we almost ran one over this morning) , and another one acting weird in one of my neighbor's yard. Some of them were seemingly normal, but there were quite a few acting lethargic on the ground.

Whatever it is I hope we all don't start coming down with Bird Flu.

Um, "page not found".

Something is definitely going around though I wouldn't worry. I'm dispensing far more antibiotics and z-packs (Azithromycin) but this always seems to happen at this time of year when people are far more likely to be in close proximity to one another.

Though I can't explain the birds here's to hoping and keeping my fingers crossed that it's just one of those things. Remember most illnesses cannot be transmitted from one species to another. I said most not all. Just keep your personal hygiene up to par and I think we'll live.icon7.gif

in other news Ill be stocking up on alkaseltzer.

Plop plop fizz fizz oh what a glorious post this is.Heh. I agree it's far to early to hit a panic button. All in all compared to most years most people seem to be staving off infections rather well. Most regular patients and people I know have had some form of the flu this season and its trademark seems to be that it just hangs on and doesn't seem to want to let go. Other than that it hasn't caused many problems.

Compared to most other years, this thing is a sneezer.

Hmm. I always found the physiology of birds to be delightfully bewildering. For instance, birds are the only things completely immune to the deadly virus carried by a certain species of assassin bug that lives in South America.

Maybe this is just nature's way -- payback for all the deaths by assassin bug they've dodged over the centuries.