OCR00626 - Terranigma "Crysta Dreams"

orkybash

Terranigma 'Crysta Dreams'

Dang... i was really hoping for something a bit more special for our first Terranigma mix. DC13 builds up some nice ambiance in the intro, but drops it. There's some nice sounds here, but it doesn't really stray very far from the original. djp said in his review, "some very nice percussion riffs that move across the stereo field and add a great sense of space to the mix." Well, sorry to break it to ya djp, but those were right out of the original too. So overall, I would say get it if you're not familiar with the original or desperate for Terranigma stuff (then again, who isn't? :D ) Otherwise, pass this one up.

• 1 year later...

I loved it. This is one of my favorites to listen to. I like the idea of keeping it close to the original. If you stray too far, it loses it's charm and isn't as recognizable. I think sometimes we get too caught up in who can make the coolest sounding mix of song. Personally, I just want to hear versions of video game music that don't stray too far from the original. I like ot hear what it would sound like if a live band or an orchestra did it.

• 1 year later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 years later...

I know :(

It's like having a lot of spicy chicken wings that are delicious. Once you have a certain amount, you want to eat more, but your body just can't handle it. It would literally explode into meaty chunks.

That is like this mix. I want to listen to it more, but if I do, I will explode (literally) into meaty chunks. :cry:

• 4 months later...

This was a pleasant surprise. I just wish everything didn't drop out at the end as others have mentioned. The ambience sounds are awesome and do a great job complimenting the instrumentation. The flute was a little piercing but it didn't kill the song for me. The ethnic percussion was a nice touch. A good classic OCR song DC13.

• 1 year later...

Don't know the source, so I can't comment on that, but overall this is a pretty melody. I like the pizz strings in the background. It immediately gives a warm. homey feeling. I don't think the flute is as bad as OA says, but it certainly is piercing. I never liked high flutes, and that doesn't help.

The mix is so sudden on the ending! That makes me sad. Aside from those two quibbles, I like this.

• 10 months later...
  • 10 months later...

To be honest it really does sound similar to the original just dubbed down with lower grade instruments or something.I was really hoping for something different or even more special as this is the main song u do hear in the game from where the main character comes from. Maybe the source wasnt a good copy to hear or something? Dang it :tomatoface:

• Liontamer changed the title to OCR00626 - Terranigma "Crysta Dreams"