OverClocked ReMix Tetris Attack tournament

Strati

Can we get this thing finished and get on to the next tournament?

I think that mew and I will consult on the format and things when I get a chance to talk to him later, but I'd be willing to say that this was not a disaster per se, but should have been done differently.

I played both linkspast, and Calpis.

I beat linkspast 3-0.

I beat Calpis 3-1.

So I guess this means the tournament is over? Then I shall select Mario Kart as the next title. Thanks to everyone for a fun tournament!

Lol sweet thanks for finishing and thx4playing.

Mario Kart, signups will begin soonish if Mew wishes it

I look forward to it :)

I think that we're going to go with a strict monthly tournament format, and I have some ideas for how to do it.

For now, let's open it up to discussion: what did you guys like/not like about the tournament this last time, specifically in terms of format?

I thought that each match probably should have been best 2/3 instead of 3/5, since the tightest it ever got was 3-1.

The availability of a lot of players wasn't just questionable, it was brutal. This isn't effectively prevented, but I require AIM screen names in the OCRCL for this reason.

I want to ensure that players will get a lot of games that count in, regardless of skill. This is why the format was the way it was last time.

I think one of the biggest issues was people not playing their scheduled games. So I say if you are going to enlist you better play, Especially if we use the same format.

I don't think that we'll use the same format - people were given many different opponents and, therefore, many different parameters for advancement. While single- and double-elimination does this, it's on a much smaller scale so that we can accept it, and it's to a degree that we are most interested in finding a single winner, instead of trying to advance the six most prolific/active players.

I don't think that best 3 out of 5 is a bad idea. Matches are quick anyway, and even though the closest matches were was 3-1, doesn't mean that the two players in question were that different in skill.

Also, in something like Mario Kart, there's a lot of luck involved, so making it 3 out of 5 would help make it a little more fair to those whose luck just happens to be a little dry that time :wink:

• 2 months later...

Hi guys, I'm a new member and i've heard of this site from friends.

I've learned that you were playing tetris attack; ma favorite snes game!

Too bad that i joined too late, however it would be nice to play some with some of you. Please e-mail me if you are interested. For the next tournament , i'm interested, even if i'm not really good with Mario Kart.

Hi guys, I'm a new member and i've heard of this site from friends.

I've learned that you were playing tetris attack; ma favorite snes game!

Too bad that i joined too late, however it would be nice to play some with some of you. Please e-mail me if you are interested. For the next tournament , i'm interested, even if i'm not really good with Mario Kart.

We've had several tournaments since then.

Check the forum for the active Super Puzzle Fighter and Super Gem Fighter tourneys.