New VGmix 3 info! Thoughts on their new approach...

SwordBreaker

Best feature VGMix has?:

Good coding.

Good coding doesn't necessarily make good sites, though. ;) What I like most about VGMix is the self-sustaining, community-fueled approach. It really is of, by and for the people. Anyone can upload as long as they participate in listening to others' work; no middlemen, just popular vote to ensure QC. I like to err on the side of letting in too much crap rather than keeping out too many gems, and so does VGMix.

As per my comment over there, though...really hope the various title/guild systems get toned down, or don't figure so prominently in site functionality. The cliquism on both of these sites is pretty tiring. I think priority should be MUSIC then COMMUNITY, not the other way around, but that's just me.

I want you to do a skin/theme for us fairly badly :D The logo is all me - All I know is metal band logos, which explains a lot - but I'm not at all opposed to replacing it if you have a better proposal! So far, no one has :(

To follow up, my overriding goal is to complement the features OCR/R:TS already have, and provide multiple sources of feedback instead of an "alternative community". Frankly, OCR has fixed most of the flaws that made me start my own site in the first place, so we're at the point where we can actually benefit from coexistence instead of there being a rift. I guess most communities go through this sort of stuff.

I agree about cliquishness, but it's hard to avoid. What we CAN avoid, however, is disrespect. Sounds insane coming from me of all people, but I'm gonna be a hard-ass about people treating each other with courtesy. It's one thing to have a circle of friends, it's another to put people down just because your opinions on video game remixes differ. I hope to never see (or do!) that again.

For what it's worth, thanks to every one of you for your support.