Macworld Expo - Apple's Announcements

Bahamut

http://www.macworld.co.uk/news/index.cfm?RSS&newsID=16889

So how does people feel about some of these announcements? I'm quite curious about some of these (and no, I'm no Apple fanboy), especially the cellphone. Apple is synominous (sp?) with quality at the moment, and the phone would be nice, considering most cellphones just plain sucks.

Edit: It is a little off topic but there's no forum for it atm, so here it goes till then.

iTV (sorry, Apple TV) doesn't interest me in the slightest. I've already got a media centre setup in this house with a lot more to offer than a set top box. The iPhone is quite interesting, but I've just got a new phone and can't justify getting another one.

Yeah, the TV thing doesn't interest me, but the phone one does - also, it gets released at about the time I have to buy a new phone, so it'd be perfect for me, assuming that Verizon supports it...

6:57pm: Exclusive Cingular relationship confirmed.

So... it's an Ipod, that also acts as a cell-phone, and has limited gaming capabilities.

Didn't Nokia already try this, but in a slightly different order?

But Nokia marketed the N-Gage (QD) as gaming system first.

It seems the iPhone is marketing as a phone first. The other features, second.

Bleh. $300 iTV, iPhone confirmed, Paramount flicks over iTunes, and Apple Incorporated's new name. I was expecting more wow factor.

I hate how cellphone carriers try to get exclusive 'hot' phones to bolster their subscriber numbers, even if their network drops calls like hot potatoes.

iPhone syncs through iTunes. iTunes bloats a little more each update.

One thing I really want explained: When Apple starts selling HD content, what about all the content you already bought? Will we end up paying $2 for SD and $4 for HD? I don't see why... the bandwidth cost increase jump for serving HD can't be THAT bad... is it? Of course, movie studios do want HD to cost extra.

Steve Jobs is going to need to run the Reality Distortion Field at maximum power to make this look fully groundbreaking. Either that or I just hate cellphones.

I wasn't too impressed with Apple TV. I thought the iPhone looked kinda cool though. If it had a larger storage capacity, allowing me to ditch my iPod, I might be game. I personally was hoping for more Leopard news and perhaps maybe a mention of Logic 8 or a dual quad core Mac Pro. Whatever you think about Jobs' Keynote and the products talked about, it did wonders for Apple's stock, it's up $7.10 (8.3%), and in the end isn't that his job?

Whatever you think about Jobs' Keynote and the products talked about, it did wonders for Apple's stock, it's up $7.10 (8.3%), and in the end isn't that his job?

Yeah, I forgot to tell my brother about this, he could've made a ton yesterday.

And I'm really disappointed that it's on Cingular - I'm not switching from Verizon to Cingular's crap. The phone using GSM is another downer for me - that clicking crap that it causes on speakers is lame. I'm wondering how that GSM thing is not a violation of the FCC standards, about not interfering with other devices, but whatever.

I personally was hoping for more Leopard news and perhaps maybe a mention of Logic 8 or a dual quad core Mac Pro. Whatever you think about Jobs' Keynote and the products talked about, it did wonders for Apple's stock...

It's official then, Apple doesn't care about it's computers anymore :( ...

Though I could see the iPhone--being so aesthetically similar to OS X--prompting more people to move to the platform. Call it the "iPhone halo effect."