Castlevania - Wicked Agony (Wicked Child remix)

MartinH

https://youtu.be/FSBk0q9sN0c

It has been a while since I released something. This remix is meant to be some kind of contribution to Halloween 2022, this particular song has been planned since last year (a suggestion from one of my best friends).

It's this time of the year once again, the world has changed very much since last time. And I want to dedicate this remix to what has become of the world this passed year.

A quote from Dracula by Bram Stoker:
“It is a strange world, a sad world, a world full of miseries, and woes, and troubles. And yet when King Laugh come, he make them all dance to the tune he play. Bleeding hearts, and dry bones of the churchyard, and tears that burn as they fall, all dance together to the music that he make with that smileless mouth of him. Ah, we men and women are like ropes drawn tight with strain that pull us different ways. Then tears come, and like the rain on the ropes, they brace us up, until perhaps the strain become too great, and we break. But King Laugh he come like the sunshine, and he ease off the strain again, and we bear to go on with our labor, what it may be.”

I'm getting references to the real world and what it is as we speak, and maybe always is, behind the scenes and curtains. Many leaders and powerful people (not all of them of course) keep ignoring what happens in the world because of their personal goals they think are optimal only for themselves. Sometimes it goes way too far, and a whole nation is affected in ways that might not be restored even in hundreds of years to come. The people of the nation might be told that there is good in what the leaders decide and that their world will be a much better place. King Laugh comes and gives them hope and trust. 6 months later the nation has been cut off from the world completely, and their leader's closest followers drop off one by one. A future of pain, agony and loss is inbound, and the people of the nation almost if forced to leave their homes, their cities, and even their country. This only because of ONE HUMAN BEING. So unfair. 

I usually don't bring up this kind of subjects but I just can't shut up on what's happening.

But what about the music? It's really inspired by what's happening in the world. Inflation is almost all-time high (for as long as I've lived), food and electricity is at peak levels in costs, my country's currency is all-time weak. It's hard times, very hard times. 

Halloween is coming up, and I got myself a new synthesizer (with a really nice pipe organ, listen for it at the intro and outro). There is tons of synth sounds from Jean Michel Jarre's Oxygene and Equinoxe albums as well, really cool! The original song is first heard in Castlevania from NES, but returns in several other Castlevania games. It's a great song with surprisingly many sections. Oh, and I found a really disgusting female demon scream you can hear in the intro right after the pipe organ section. I would prefer to never enter a house and hear that scream.

My own half tempo section with the solo is all in influenced by the present world and musically influenced by Dream Theater, Steve Vai, Joe Satriani and the soundtrack of Unreal Tournament 2004. It's the same kind of chord progression I used in the last section of Bowser's Castle from Mario Kart 64. A really mysterious and dark atmosphere, nothing but minor chords which kind of says it all.

I don't want to sound too depressing though, and finished off with a classic sus-major chord from the pipe organ, just like in many psalms, chorals, hymns or whatever. There is still hope! And never shall we give up the world, and how we want it to be. A happy place, where all are friends and acting with respect and love for others. *blink*