OCR04392 - Metroid Prime "Gravity Suit"

Liontamer

• Liontamer changed the title to OCR04392 - Metroid Prime "Gravity Suit"

@Liontamer did the writeup but I had to chime in - so creative & unique! Lovely lower viola part that hit me like a cello, had to double-check the credits, but of course the thing most will latch onto is Joshua's vocals/vocalizing; really neat stuff, reminded me of Bobby McFerrin (High praise! he's done a lot more than "Don't Worry Be Happy"!) - interesting concept overall, loved the intro strumming (which reminded me of "Iguazu" from the Insider soundtrack), and the whole enchilada applies a very acoustic, folk, "organic" incantation to Metroid's contrasting stark, electronic, sci-fi universe. Precisely the type of mix that's less "obvious" and less likely to be made, which are the ones I tend to gravitate towards - kudos to all!

Thanks for all the kind words @Liontamer and @djpretzel, it truly means a lot! Bobby McFerrin was definitely a name that came up a few times when we were discussing vocal direction during the composition process, really glad that shines through as an inspiration.

Edited by Outset Initiative

• 1 year later...