Theme from a Dream (short piece)

BloomingLate

So I've been away from the site for a while (see this post) and now I'm here to share a short piece I recently managed to finish to satisfaction.

It is called Theme from a Dream and features the piano, cello, viola and two flutes for a brief but beautiful run through a theme that I came up with after waking up from a dream a long time ago.

Many, many years ago I had this dream with a very moving, adventure game-esque quality to it. Think Zelda. When I woke up from it I was sad that the story was over. As  I tried to re-play the dream and add to the story in my head I came up with this theme that has stuck with me ever since. I am thrilled to have finally put it to music after maybe two decades!

A second part is still in the making. That'll be more epic, movie-soundtrack like in 6/8 time.

Find the finished version here: https://metapop.com/blooming-late/tracks/theme-from-a-dream-part-i/269406

I've also used it as background music in this recent video, featuring my latest Fall/Autumn pictures. The video is dedicated to the memory of my late grandfather, who died last month after a long battle against cancer. Unfortunately I was not able to show him the pictures before his death...

Enjoy the music and the pictures! :)

--René

• 9 months later...