GameCube component cables

captaineegee

Where might I find a set of Component cables for the gamecube? I've tried ebay and amazon, but other than that I can't think of anywhere else to look. I know the likelyhood of finding them new is out of the question as they haven't been produced in some time, but I would be willing to buy them used. Any help is greatly appreciated.

Maybe I'm mixed up here, but aren't component cables only compatible with early Gamecube models? Just a slight precaution, maybe.

Yeah, you have to have one of the very early ones. I was looking into this recently and I decided it would be better to just buy a WII and get a component cable for that. So I bought a WII and am just waiting until I can afford one of those new cables.

Maybe I'm mixed up here, but aren't component cables only compatible with early Gamecube models? Just a slight precaution, maybe.

The DOL-001 model has the digital out on the back, and has the nice hidden feature of allowing you to swap faceplates, while the DOL-101 doesn't have a digital out and the faceplate is fixed. The DOL-101 wasn't released until a few years into the GC's lifetime though, and is normally the version you find in bundles, while units sold separately have a habit of being DOL-001.

Quickest way to check is just checking the back of your GC for a digital out, or the bottom for the model number.