MnP 138: New Year, New Source!

TheVideoGamer

6 Day's ago was the beginning of 2023! For those who had a great new year, i hope you enjoy this one, and for those that didn't then....i'm sorry. Were going to kick it off with a new year special! To see what you have to do, just ready the stuff below.

Ok so for this round, i'm gonna get you to pick any source from ANY PAST MNP ROUND. Specifically one that you have NOT YET REMIXED yet. If you've remixed the source, then it won't be allowed. Simple as that. There's nothing else to it really. Go through the past MnP rounds, and if you like what you hear, and you've not submitted a remix for that round? Go for it, i'd love to hear it!

There is no rules for the source selection, other than what's on the MnP round that hasn't been submitted. For this one, i am ok if one person does Source A and another person does Source A. Just as long as they haven't remixed that tune yet. All the MIDI's you'll need are on the round pages, so it shouldn't need to be a problem. 

Here's the list of past rounds:

https://compo.thasauce.net/compos/view/MnP

Any questions? I'm always here to help.

Make sure you write down the game and source in the description, to help us when voting!

THE WINNER WILL JOIN SOUPERION IN A DOUBLE DOSE OFF FOR ROUND 139.

Deadline: 3rd February @ 1PM

Closing Date: 5th February@ 1PM

Vote Ends: 12th February @ 1PM

MnP ARCHIVE  made by Trism ;)

submit: https://compo.thasauce.net/rounds/view/MnP138

MISSION STATEMENT
The goal of Compo:MnP is to promote that "meat and potatoes" conservative approach to remixing: this includes the mood and composition of source tunes. It is up to the remixer to create their own personalization, or to simply give it a sound upgrade. Moreover, the compo is a great opportunity to hone your remixing skills and give video game music the respect that is due. SOME reinterpretation is recommended, but not required.

MnP Instructions/Guidelines - Not applicable this round, but will be in normal/future rounds.

Guidelines:

1. Modifying the Source is fine, so long as it doesn't sound completely separate from its original intent. 
  2. If you're gonna do a genre change, at least make sure the original aspect of the source is not lost.
  3. Tempo changes are fine, as long as it's not a big change. I'm talking like, going from 80bpm to 140bpm. 
  4. Submissions must be at a maximum of 20mb (keeping in step with ThaSauce's file size max), and submitted as a MP3 file.
  5. Only 1 entry per participant. Previous winner cannot participate but can submit a BONUS entry. 
  6. Try to avoid making quality-based comments on submissions until after the Round is concluded.  It is to avoid a Bias in Votes.
  7. For this round you can remix more than one source. Do make sure you let me know which source(s) you've picked in the submission notes.

MISC/TIPS
- When picking a source tune, make sure it has a MIDI to make people's lives easier.
- In-game sound FX are permitted, so long as they don't comprise the whole track (i.e. replacing entire MIDI tracks with just sfx)

Edited January 10, 2022 by TheVideoGamer

Edited by TheVideoGamer

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...