OCR04408 - Goemon's Great Adventure "The Heart Beats with the Rhythm of the Rain"

Liontamer

• 2 weeks later...

Firstly, I want to thank each and every judge who evaluated my ReMix. All of the criticism was valid and enlightening. I had absolutely no hangups or disagreements with your suggestions, and had my submission been given a "NO", I would have 100% followed the roadmap of tips suggested to me in order to get it "just right".

I cannot express enough how useful it is to have so many talented people provide such in-depth analysis on a production, and simply for that service, OCRemix is one of the most important resources to me as a producer. I'm sure we all know how it is to be so used to something from all the frequent playback in the DAW that we become unaffected by any of the little nuances that a first time listener may pick up on. I certainly understand that this style may not be everyone's cup of tea, but the feedback definitely put some things into perspective to me. I will use all of the helpful tidbits suggested to me to elevate my future submissions even further. Once again, thank you all!

To DJ Pretzel:

Your writeup on the detail page is fantastic, and I noticed you had some questions about some of the virtual instruments.
From the page:

More than half this mix is essentially sans drums, and envelopes the listener in a natural atmosphere that's rich with Japanese and Chinese instruments; the erhu really stands out, and I'd like to know what Hunter used for this,

I actually purchased the "East Asia" Kontakt expansion for the sole purpose of giving that Eastern vibe to the ReMix. I had gotten the first half of the song done and decided it was worth biting the bullet on that library because I felt compelled to move forward with it. The erhu, koto, percussion, and all other traditional instruments came from this library, and I cannot recommend it enough. The key triggers for bends, slides, vibrato, and the like sound superb to me. I spent hours trying to utilize the various playing techniques in just the right spots.

1 hour ago, lemnlime said:

I was only familiar with the loveably catchy I Am Impact theme song before hearing this and this just makes me want to download all the Goemon OSTs now!

Thank you! You definitely should, by the way. It's some of the best music I've heard that puts a modern twist on Japanese folk music. There are some really groovy tracks on the N64 games that I often put on for a nostalgia trip.

• 1 year later...