Metal Gear Solid Theme Trance Remix

Strike911

http://strike911.sanctuslegacy.com/STRIKE911-MGStrance.mp3

Okay so I worked a couple of hours on this one, I figured that I'd yet to hear a Metal Gear Solid trance mix that sounded traditionally trancy so I decided to take it up. It starts with just a constantly moving bass; a pretty groovy one imo. You get the melody hinted to you in a really creepy sounding synth and the beat starts to come in. And before you get to the real meat of the remix, I've used some heavy trance synths (which I really should filter by next update... they're a little too harsh in the beginning, maybe a slow filtering up to where the beat actually comes in would sound better and not nearly as harsh, *thinks* )

I like the direction this mix is going in, particularly once the main theme gets going toward the latter end of the song. Because its a WIP it needs to be extended but I got most of my ideas out and I think adding content will be pretty easy.

http://strike911.sanctuslegacy.com/STRIKE911-MGStrance.mp3

What do you think? haha, I also need to name it. lol.

No real complaints, man. Nice solid pumping stuff. The panning of the hats near the beginning was a little distracting, though that's the same thing I was messing with in my WIP. :P We should both probably tone that down and not pan hard to either side. Other thing I noticed, checking out the waveform--lots of compression, as expected. But it sounds like a lot of the high freqs have been cut, esp. towards the end, which gives the whole track a bit of a canned sound. Just something to watch out for when you do the final mix. I would think, drop some mids and boost highs, soften the harshness of the compression and you're gtg.

Really enjoying this, could listen to several more minutes of it with steady changes in harmony etc. to keep it moving. I dig most of the stuff you put up here. Keep it up.

Thanks a lot. I appreciate the comments. Well, hopefully I'll be able to add some actualy new parts soon... but it is updated...

I've made the lead much less hot sounding, and I think it sounds a little better. I haven't added anything new to the song really except for a few filters, but if you want to hear it in its optimized glory then have a download. Same link as above. :)

as for a name, I'm thinking about:

1. Surreptitious

2. Sentence from a SOCOM

3. Detonator

4. FOX-Die Fantasia

meh, I can't decide. -_-

I've listened to this a couple times and this is pretty solid. The lead sin wave seems like part of the sounsd are being masked. I don't know, it sounds like it could be coming through just a lil but cleared

1:15-till break The composition on the sin wav is the same as before, have the composition have more of a build up feel like the accompaning saw wavs do.

Besides that jazz this is some sweet shite, maybe try to add in some FX in places to make it even catchier.

I'm not sure I understand what you're getting at. The only MGS tune I've ever heard from DDR had awful guitar samples and some guy saying remix over and over again.

Is there another song you are referring to?

So in a way, I really don't know what I have to say about that, because I feel as if you're accusing me of stealing a DDR song and posting it online and stealing it. I hope that's not what you're implying.