Rock epic recommendations

Gamma Ray - Rebellion in Dreamland

Oh man, I forgot this song. Gamma Ray is excellent for their epic sounds.

If anyone hasn't checked out Avenged Sevenfold's last album City of Evil, I highly recommend it. Although, there is no definitive storyline to follow, the entire album as a whole unfolds like an epic. Subsequently, I learned about it by reading Akira Yamaoka's blog.

Can't say I like the album, but there's one song on it that has this hackneyed epic sound to it, 'Trashed And Scattered'. For some reason I like it, even if it's not the best song ever.

Can't say I like the album, but there's one song on it that has this hackneyed epic sound to it, 'Trashed And Scattered'. For some reason I like it, even if it's not the best song ever.

I really liked what they did for Sidewinder- the long acoustic, almost classical outro. I think that might be my favorite part of the album.

I also forgot:

Blind Guardian - And Then There Was Silence

Power metal in general is a great place to look if you want epic modern music. parasoul's suggestions are also good listens, although I was rather unimpressed by the Trans-Siberian Orchestra album 'Beethoven's Last night'. Also, don't overlook the Manowar song because it's Manowar - it's a great ~30 minute song.

I also forgot:

Blind Guardian - And Then There Was Silence

I don't like the album version of this song , but when I saw them live it was something else...

I think you fond a live version on the "Imaginations through the looking glass" DVD, but I'm not sure.

Also , Thy Majestie : For Orleans or Siege of Paris