MYST: Theme + Un-Finale -- 90s Cyberpunk/Redbook-Style Mix

Hellooooooo! It has been a while, eh? 

I have been listening to a lot of early-to-mid 90s Cyberpunk influenced soundtracks and albums as of late. I've also slowly been getting back into music, thanks to my husband, who has been nudging me to re-kindle my love for music production. So I've decided to do some remixes to basically get back into shape. 

So yeah, started this yesterday. This is the original Myst by way of Snatcher & Burn-Cycle, pretty much. 

This mix incorporates elements of both the Myst Theme and Un-finale into a moody 90s Cyberpunk Redbook-style track.

Source 1: Un-Finale 

Source 2: Myst Theme 

Still composing, so I haven't paid attention too much to the mixing or transitions. The themes are relatively untouched at the moment, but will be elaborated on more as the track progresses. The Synth Vox main lead and subtle harmony line in second repeat are likely to change and could be considered placeholders for the moment.

I am limiting myself to exclusively to the Korg M1 Soft Synth and both the Roland D-50 and Sound Canvas VSTs for two reasons; to keep me focused, and to stay true to the inspiration behind the track. I may bring in another older-style soft-synth for more effects at some stage, but at this stage, it's 80s + 90s sounds all the way :)

Feedback is welcome, and it's good to be back!!!

New working title; NEO KOBE MYST-IC 

I've fleshed out the main source bits a lot. New lead, new piano pad bits, new retro pan flute! New synths! I'm using an E-MU Proteus for some of the piano pad (a 90s staple, the patch 'Heaven') and the slow synth vox at the moment. I'm going to try and find some of the sound effects from the original MYST OST in it to give it that real authentic sound, since Robyn Miller composed the entire thing with one. I've also brought in the Roland XV-5080 soft-synth, and will be incorporated some older Roland synths for the effects and cyberpunk flourishes I want to add later.

The emptier section at the end of the second repetition of the main theme is where a new source will come into the mix... Sirrus' Theme will come in as a change of pace with some more rhythmic elements. At the moment, it only exists as, well, an emptier bit.

There's a bit more volume this time now too, and I've done work on the reverb and mixing. It's sounding a lot better than the first WIP, that's for sure! There was a WIP 2.0, but it was largely the same, except I have now incorporated some of Hemo's feedback into WIP 2.5 .

Still a lot to do, and it seems to becoming more cinematic as it goes along, but take a listen! :)

NEO KOBE MYSTIC WIP 2.5

Edited by AkumajoBelmont