The Castlevania ReMixes Dump

Thr33sh33ts

Evaluation: VMPYR KILLA

Ok, for the vast majority of the track this feels incomplete.

0:00-0:36 we get Vampire Killer with the prologue dialogue from SotN on top of it.  Drums are different from the original but the rest is nearly identical to the source.
0:37-3:02 it's a two part track now, only drums and bass.  This may be the same bass as the source as well.  There should be more parts going on here, there's no melody, no harmony (only implied harmony from the bass).
3:03-4:19 we get the melody and bass from the source with added percussion.

About 55% of the track feels unfinished because it's only two parts, need to fill in that space with something.  To be honest, it felt like someone would be rapping on top of that section or doing something similar to that.

Fade outs are generally discouraged.  They rarely work and often just leave the listener wanting more. This time it is unfulfilling.

What I would encourage you to do is fill in the space and add your own take on the source.  What we have here is very conservative, when we do get the source; it's same melody and bass with added original drums.  I do like the instrumentation you have chosen so far and this could develop into a very cool track when you add your own spices to the track.

Good luck.

[This is an automatically generated message]

I've reviewed your remix and have returned it to Work-in-Progress status, indicating that I think there are some things you still need to work on. After you work on your track and feel that it's ready for submission to OCR, please change the prefix back to Ready for Review and someone will review it again. Good luck!

11 hours ago, Hemophiliac said:

Evaluation: VMPYR KILLA

Ok, for the vast majority of the track this feels incomplete.

0:00-0:36 we get Vampire Killer with the prologue dialogue from SotN on top of it.  Drums are different from the original but the rest is nearly identical to the source.
0:37-3:02 it's a two part track now, only drums and bass.  This may be the same bass as the source as well.  There should be more parts going on here, there's no melody, no harmony (only implied harmony from the bass).
3:03-4:19 we get the melody and bass from the source with added percussion.

About 55% of the track feels unfinished because it's only two parts, need to fill in that space with something.  To be honest, it felt like someone would be rapping on top of that section or doing something similar to that.

Fade outs are generally discouraged.  They rarely work and often just leave the listener wanting more. This time it is unfulfilling.

What I would encourage you to do is fill in the space and add your own take on the source.  What we have here is very conservative, when we do get the source; it's same melody and bass with added original drums.  I do like the instrumentation you have chosen so far and this could develop into a very cool track when you add your own spices to the track.

Good luck.

Understood. I thought about that, and felt it needed something else. Thank you for your detailed critque!