The Spoof Movie Thread

Terial

No mention of Snakes on a Plane in this topic = phail. I mean, it was totally a spoof on the absurdity of the horror genre, it may have started out serious but after it got floored by the internet hype when they changed the scenes it turned into a spoof.

I haven't seen it but I thought it was from the campy genre.

I haven't seen it but I thought it was from the campy genre.

Was just going to say the same thing- I actually went to see it for the hell of it. It definitely comes off as campy- if you went in expecting that kind of silliness, I think the movie was a lot of fun.

If you went in expecting a serious action/thriller- what the hell's the matter with you? It's called Snakes on a Plane!

Anyway, I think between straight spoofs and campy movies I tend to prefer camp. But now and then, a spoof is good.

I like this genre as long as "Scary Movie" and its legion of inbred cousins are not included.

so all you highclass comedy buffs are too good to say the Scary Movies weren't without humor? tsk tsk. the horror movie genres has gone downhill, and it didn't really start high either. so what do you except the spoofs of these movies, except for pure silliness?

i do like the spoof genre and its true Date Movie was terrible and not worth my time watching, i didn't pay for it. and while it would be easy to assume that Epic Movie would follow suit but i havn't seen it yet. so i won't.

as for the compilation movies, the best would be Not Another Teen Movie. Other good ones would be Hot Shots, Hot Shots: Part Duex, Airplane, SpaceBalls, and Mars Attacks, Galaxy Quest, and Kung Pow (honestly i didn't like this one, but thats just my opinion, and my opinion doesn't make a movie bad)

but the secret of liking spoofs is knowing the movies that they are making fun of.

Good call on the Monty Python. Holy Grail is still probably my vote for funniest movie of all time. I still laugh at that movie, and I've seen it MANY times.

As for the _ Movies, I've actually heard good things about Scary Movie 3, and Not Another Teen Movie was flippin hilarious.

SOAP, while brilliant, is definitely camp. It's camp for the sake of camp, like Army of Darkness or Slither, which also rule.