MK 7 - Rainbow Road (Moon) - 80s Moroder Vocal Mix

I'm hoping to make it for Mario Month, but if not, I'll sub anyways!

Anyhoo, this is an 80s, Giorgio Moroder-style mix of Rainbow Road & Moon.

I have the rough song down, the basics are down and ready for me to go fill them with vocals - lots of stuff to do! This WIP doesn't have the vocals yet... I'm actually heading out on my property to sit and write them as we speak.

I've cut out the intro, because I've yet to make a start on it. I might reprise the intro theme somewhere after the first chorus before it swings back into the main theme. The second repeat of the verse section will likely be extended, with the first bit, with a mix of vocals and a synth guitar solo section.

The main bell in the 'BELL' version of the WIP just contains a placeholder DX-7 bell line to fill in space before the vocals hit, and it's basically just plays the main source melody straight. The bells will stay, likely as accents in the mix. I've included an instrumental version of the WIP without the bell too, if you're interested.

I'm using a combination of Linn Linndrum samples, and Roland JUNO-106, Jupiter-8, SYSTEM-8 soft-synths and Dexed for the DX-7 bits so far. I've left the Juno synth noise in there for texture and character. I still have lots of flourishes and synth whooshes to add, along with extra percussion to add to the main beat, so it sounds a bit bare at the moment, but it will get there. Like I said, there's lots of work still to do!

MK7 Rainbow Road (Moon) WIP 1 - Bell Version

MK7 Rainbow Road (Moon) WIP 1 - Instrumental Version

Let me know what you think, and as always feedback is welcome :)