OCR00152 - Final Fantasy IX "Melodies of Life (Arranged)"

m68030

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

Very well done. The pace was kept right, the right instruments were used, and the overall melody was kept intact. I definately like this one. I don't know if it's much of a remix, but oh well. 9 out of 10 for this one. Nice job.

And yea, it is a touching song. I get emotional when I hear beautiful music too. :cry:

The key to this mix was selection. The original track is very emotional, and a piano arrangement only adds to that. To add more greatness to the equation, it's by McVaffe. Sticking close to the original was the best thing he could have done with this piece, yet he still gave it enough individuality to let it stand on its own feet. Very nice, very well produced.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...

Its a really beautiful piece, it must be said.

I'd say it brought a tear to my eye...except that it didnt, but ONLY because Im in college right now...had I been at home then the tear would be in my eye :P

I like the sharpness and quality of the piano sampling and really wish I could mic mine so well

The first introduction of the strings was too subtle for my liking...they sounded like just something going on behind me that kinda irritated me a little.

But when they actually become properly audible, they were as beautiful as the rest of the track.

¿My only query is that wasnt something strikingly similar to this on the OST?

That or the piano collections CD, but I *know* I have something that sounds so much like this on one of my CD's already.

• 3 weeks later...

Being the romantic sap that I am (laugh all you want, I can't help it) I loved the original verison of this song. What's happened in this remix is the loud strings section has been quieted to background noise, and the piano has taken over. A couple slight variations on the original melody make this piece unique, but frankly I prefer it because it's so similar to the original.

So here's the deal: If you dig piano (I and my girlfriend do), or if you like songs that have that romantic feel to them, this remix is for you. If you don't fit into one of the above categories, you probably wouldn't appreciate this. ^_^;

9/10

• 6 months later...
  • 7 months later...

Wow, what a great piece, at just the perfect length. This was one of the first ones I heard, and it really reminds me of some good times from back then. I guess you could say I'm a fan of McVaffe's piano pieces; if you've enjoyed any of his others, you will not be disappointed with this one at all. A nice piano piece that seems to do just about everything right; this one should not go unheard.

• 1 month later...

It's been such a long time since I've listened to this rearrangement.. and it still has the powerful impact that I remember. Well composed (or should I say re-composed? Hmm.) work McVaffe. I know to expect quality work from you though, such skill is expressed in many of your projects.

Taking the time to look back on older songs, rediscovering their beauty.. this is one of my fondest ones I remember. All of the melodies of life are found in this one. :P

• 11 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 2 years later...

Probably the only song I enjoyed from the FF9 soundtrack, this isn't too far removed arrangement-wise, but it does bring things down a little bit to be a bit more intimate of a setting.

Piano sample could have been a bit more expressive, but otherwise it was very nice, and the source track is very strong.

Total nitpick, but I was *so* expecting a little piano flourish at the end like all piano remixes seem to do, and when it didn't happen, I was disappointed. It just seemed like the ending clunked down without the flourish.

Good stuff.

• 1 year later...
  • 3 years later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 1 year later...

Really late to the bandwagon, but I just listened to this again. Really nice piece.

As I was listening to it I had the thought, especially towards the end with the stronger piano, this sounds very similar in style to some of Richard Clayderman's work. Add some percussion and bass guitar and it would feel right at home mixed in one of his albums.

• Liontamer changed the title to OCR00152 - Final Fantasy IX "Melodies of Life (Arranged)"