Fruity Loops Music Competition 5: Mega Man 3 [Results]

Bundeslang

Alright, as promised, this is my mix of Top Man's theme...done using only FL defaults (didn't use the FLMC4 pack)

I'm using yousendit.com for filehosting--just let me know if these links expire or whatever.

Top Man Spun Wild - FLP (with smart disable enabled so that your cpu doesn't crumple up and die)

Zipped Project File (in case you're missing some of the FL default samples)

Top Man Spun Wild - MP3 version

feed me comments, praise, pity, cookies, etc. for the most part this is pretty much done, but tiny tweaks may be in order in terms of mastering and such.

personally, i'm pretty pleased. =)

I'm still looking forward to what Sir_NutS makes, having already heard Change the World =D

Bump.

I've gotten so used to some of my synths that it's hard to go back to 3xOSC... and my ears are hurting for it. So, yeah. I've got about 1:00 of acceptable sounding song.

Question though, can we use stuff we've recorded ourselves, such as beatboxing or singing?

The rules of this contest sais it's not allowed, because not everyone can use your singing in their song. The main rule of this contest is that all users work with the same samples.

But I'm not going to disqualify you if you use A LITTLE, ss long as not the whole song becomes a mix between sytrus and own samples.

Good to see DDRKirby(ISQ) posting his song already and taking 3 points. I must say it's much better as the one-hour-made entry from me. Nice colour variation in your FLP.

You earned your first 3 points already, you can only lose them by changing your song without submitting a new FLP.

I will post the songs on the site after the deadline.

My Entry is ALMOST finished, but now I don't have internet :( So I don't know if I'll be able to upload it on time when I finish it. Bonus mixes are acceptable right? Just in case.

Of course Bonus Mixes are acceptable. But you have over a week left, so there's still hope.

It's not obligated to give entry's a title, but it looks nicer.

ok here it is

http://www.sirnuts.com/Stuff/Snakes_on_a_Loop.zip

It's a zipped loop file, I used samples from the demo songs (dunno if those are allowed, that's why I made the zip file). This song started great but then I ran out of ideas, so sorry :S. And well, I don't feel inspired by fl as much as before and I finished to not let the compo down, so it feels kinda forced. Anyways I hope someone enjoys it anyways cuz I did like some of it and enjoyed working on the first part. :)

Oh, its a remix of the snakeman theme, duh :P

ok here it is

http://www.sirnuts.com/Stuff/Snakes_on_a_Loop.zip

It's a zipped loop file, I used samples from the demo songs (dunno if those are allowed, that's why I made the zip file). This song started great but then I ran out of ideas, so sorry :S. And well, I don't feel inspired by fl as much as before and I finished to not let the compo down, so it feels kinda forced. Anyways I hope someone enjoys it anyways cuz I did like some of it and enjoyed working on the first part. :)

Oh, its a remix of the snakeman theme, duh :P

It's fun and absolutely not bad, good you finished it. I'll upload this and the mp3 file I recorded from FL to my site after the deadline. I hope to see some more songs.

Remember, sunday is the deadline, voting starts tuesday (all songs posted before voting starts are in). I'll give you more information about the voting after the deadline, as mentioned before.

Ahhh I did the snakeman theme too...

Oh well, It'll be posted here later today. Still trying to get rid of as much crappiness as possible.

So... Prepare yourselves for lots of vocoder, crazy too loud percussion, and a lot of misplaced instruments.

Edit: I just downloaded the .zip and ended up with a bunch of broken 3xosc's with missing shape samples... I think I'm doing something wrong again :confused:

Ahhh I did the snakeman theme too...

Oh well, It'll be posted here later today. Still trying to get rid of as much crappiness as possible.

So... Prepare yourselves for lots of vocoder, crazy too loud percussion, and a lot of misplaced instruments.

Edit: I just downloaded the .zip and ended up with a bunch of broken 3xosc's with missing shape samples... I think I'm doing something wrong again :confused:

yeah same here--Sir_NuTs, you need to include those custom waveforms that you used in your 3xOsc's...

either that or render the mp3 yourself and upload that.

Even -with- the broken 3xOsc's it sounds pretty cool...=p

btw, RocketSniper your entry is da sh%t! (as in good @#$^, not bad @#%^) Had some really neat things goin on there...

Remember, today it's 11 february, the Deadline. Judging will start tuesday (tuesday in the Netherlands). All songs submitted before that will be accepted. I'll post them on my site, a mp3 file AND a FLP file.

A FLP gives 3 points, like RocketSniper, S|r Nuts, DDRKirby(ISQ) and me did.

Also. DDRKirby(ISQ), you're ZIP file isn't downloadable anymore. Since I only have your FLP and your song it would be nice if you could set it back up, so I can upload it to my site.

Alright, as promised, this is my mix of Top Man's theme...done using only FL defaults (didn't use the FLMC4 pack)

I'm using yousendit.com for filehosting--just let me know if these links expire or whatever.

Top Man Spun Wild - FLP (with smart disable enabled so that your cpu doesn't crumple up and die)

Zipped Project File (in case you're missing some of the FL default samples)

Top Man Spun Wild - MP3 version

feed me comments, praise, pity, cookies, etc. for the most part this is pretty much done, but tiny tweaks may be in order in terms of mastering and such.

personally, i'm pretty pleased. =)

I'm still looking forward to what Sir_NutS makes, having already heard Change the World =D

Ahh jeez I didn't see this post till I read back through the thread (for whatever reason my brain skipped the post - thought it was just me and nuts), but now it's expired! Aaargh!