OC ReMix Logo?

AyshaCyan

Hate to be a spoilsport here, but I disagree with the democratic distribution of logo files to the populous for uses of their own discretion. Given OCR's recent moves into the more public realms and its rise in exposure, the control of the brand becomes of critical importance. Maybe if someone offers a specific utilisation or piece to be made, then it may be given away at discretion, but brand is a very powerful entity, and one that I can see OverClocked ReMix further developing and evolving. It can become a powerful entity in support of the site and its ideals. It needs to be kept in control of those who will most determine its use.

Of course, this is all djpretzel's decision, but potential brand erosion or weakening [not saying anyone will do anything bad, but the chance looms nevertheless] will not help the image of OverClocked ReMIx as it continues to grow and evolve.

Just my quasi-professional opinion.

We'd actually like to diversify our merch.

Doug, we will pay you with gold bullion from the farthest corners of the earth in order to have you design cool stuffs to buy.

That goes for anyone else. We'll bring this up in a more organized fashion once we have some actual $ available to produce a product.

Been workin' on it...

...no, really.

Everyone: just to clarify, I don't think Larry was suggesting actual new designs, OR distribution of our logo stuff to everybody. I think the plan was more to *possibly* open the floor to other designers than Dave to submit possible ideas for new OCR-branded merchandise to us, and if we like them, implement the ideas.

Correct. To me, it'd be something more like seeing if people with proven skills like Bean, Rama, Cyan_Ide, Maximo, etc. could come up with something OCR-themed that looked cool, that could be produced, and that people would be interested in purchasing.

But counter to what Chad was implying, I don't see anything wrong with eventually opening things up to the community, which is full of visual artistic talent, much like DeviantArt does for their limited edition gear. Not by giving out the logo mind you, but by simply putting out the call and seeing what comes back creatively.

Also noting that of course there's a huge hi-res logo. It's just not publicly available, AFAIK. No, I do not have it.

Correct. To me, it'd be something more like seeing if people with proven skills like Bean, Rama, Cyan_Ide, Maximo, etc. could come up with something OCR-themed that looked cool, that could be produced, and that people would be interested in purchasing.

But counter to what Chad was implying, I don't see anything wrong with eventually opening things up to the community, which is full of visual artistic talent, much like DeviantArt does for their limited edition gear. Not by giving out the logo mind you, but by simply putting out the call and seeing what comes back creatively.

Also noting that of course there's a huge hi-res logo. It's just not publicly available, AFAIK. No, I do not have it.

No no, that's not necessarily what I meant, Larry. By all means, allow and encourage community participation in such matters as potential marketing campaigns, whatever else people come up with, etc. Handing out the logo liberally as some have suggested is what I was more commenting on, as that could lead to potential misuse of identity standards and a dilution of brand that has already become well established by the actions and steps that OverClocked ReMix has already taken in regards to the gaming and game music community at-large.

• 3 months later...

I'm looking for an old album art cover that someone made a while back, I searched for it, but couldn't find it, it's got the main logo (headphones and snes controller) and in the background has some ocr skinned tetris pieces. Anyone know where i could find it?

• 1 month later...
This is cool stuffs. :nicework:

Wasn't there a thread a while back that made album art for individual OC remixes? Or am I making that up?

THAT would be cool :D

Honestly, this is neat. But I already went through the trouble of organizing all the songs into Game Albums and searched for album art for each game. Now how do I incorporate these...?

Both. I'm open to any experience that can challenge me...and would good in a portfolio. =)

I've got a couple album designs I was going to try my hand at, I'll see if I can get you a sketch of the designs.

In the meantime, I thought it would be cool if you were to take those OCRemix album arts and, instead of a white background, make the background a screenshot or artwork of the game (Like Metroid, for instance) with the title of the game in there somewhere. The hard part would be keeping the transparent headphone in the background, but it would look cool.

• 1 month later...