Mega Man X "Dr. Light's Dark Past" - WIP

Gimgak

This is my second WIP for OCR. It is a remix of "Dr's Light's Capsules" from Mega Man X. Below is a link to a midi file of the origianl:

http://www.vgmusic.com/music/console/nintendo/snes/Capsule.mid

I can't really name the style of this song. It startd out as possibly being in a rap-style, and then I added some more orchestral elements, and then the organ. I hope you enjoy it and I appreciate all reviews/ comments.

http://www.sendspace.com/file/pzrfyf

I also put in two other Mega Man themes from Mega Man previous to Mega Man X. I'll see if you can tell what they are...

Wow! I'm impressed that you got over four minutes of material from such a short a source. The melodies you added are great, they're quite Mega Man-esque.

Now the stuff that wasn't done so well, the sequencing was rigid especially on the organ and the drums, don't use those eight note high hats or the hand claps (hand claps should always be used sparingly). Change up the velocities on the drums and piano to make it sound more natural.

The bowed bass part that comes in at 0:09 doesn't work; it's just too low. The organ sample isn't very pleasing to the ear and it simply doesn't sound like a real organ. I would add a solo of some kind and change up the chords at some point just to give it some variety.

Give it more dynamics, it just seems to jump between sections with no builds or anything to really make the listener want to get to the next part. Keep working on it, it's got a lot of potential.