OCR00158 - Pac-Man "Rave in the Mirror Maze"

m68030

Im not much of a fan for rave, but like the Pac-Man theme to its extents. I never really got hooked on the game so it never really got on my nervers, although I could see why being its only like 8 notes long...the ambience here sounded kind of out of plave, and the "chirping", as DJP put it, just anoyed me. I didnt enjoy this song at all...I give it a 4/10 (sry).

• 2 weeks later...

I'm gonna have to go with the fact that this mix kinda made me laugh...just the intro sounded soooo silly, I just kinda chuckled to myself when I heard it. Nevertheless, I like it....I don't see anything really wrong with the Pac Man theme...although if you listen to it over and over for days, you do get to the point of throwing something...or someone...:D

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

hey, folks, the name of the game is fun. granted, i can't sit here and just sorta listen to it, i gotta get drunk and dance. that's fun.

so instead of harping on it, i say enjoy it as camp. i bet franz keller submitted this song just to be zany anyway. fun.

• 5 months later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 1 year later...

Nice arrangement for being a remix of Pacman, Keller has pulled all of his strings to make something like this, but although it mentions rave in the title, it could have been more of it. It's still a very decent remix since it has good variation between synths and beats, and the occational moments of less commotion contributes quite well. However, the bright synth began to bug after a while, so it didn't work for me. Nevertheless, it's a good remix, and I found the idea of having screams in the arrangement funny.:D Nice work FK.

• 1 year later...

For a Pac Man remix this is pretty interprative and it makes it a lot more interesting to listen to. Some of the sound effects got a bit annoying by the end of the mix, but everything else works well enough. The production seems a little crowded, and could have been given a little more space, but the idea is sound.

This rave style music is perfect for a game where you run around in the dark chomping down pills.

• 1 year later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 5 months later...

If there was such a thing as "gentle" four on the floor, this would be the embodiment of that style. The arrangement is simple, yet it has a lot of layers behind it. Nothing stands out, but nothing is too quiet. It's got a nice balance to it and it's easy on the ears! The repetitive nature of the track gets a little grating, but on the whole, it's a nice piece. Again, for something done 9 years ago, it blows anything I could have done back then out of the water!

• 2 months later...

While showing its age , music-wise , it was a good rendition of something simple and repetitive. The first few minutes or so seemed a tad dark for a pac-man game , almost sounded like something that should have been in Resident Evil or Silent Hill. Much like being able to build a shelter from scraps of nothing , this song does deliver considering what it is based from.

I'm one of those people who don't mind a song created for nostalgia's sake or for "up to your interpretation" so this song doesn't bother me. While simple , I did enjoy the choir-like background during it all. Added to the creepy ghost-hunting , pellet chomping theme of it all.

• 11 months later...
  • 3 years later...

Well, the age does show (which is understandable), and the melody repeats quite a bit, but truthfully, with the source as short as it is, it's hard to do much with it beyond the arrangement. It has lots of energy and enough fun samples to make it worth the listen, but other than that, there's not much else to say.

• Liontamer changed the title to OCR00158 - Pac-Man "Rave in the Mirror Maze"