WIP: Skies of Arcadia - "The Journey of the Delphinus"

OK, here's my (hopefully constructive) critique:

The actual delphinus theme should be a touch louder, there are bits where its a little hard to hear it over the background.

Drums should be slightly louder as well.

Gets Slighty repetitive between 3:25 and 4:07, I reckon bringing the choir up and maybe even getting rid of the beats here will get rid of that problem.

Take out the violin at the end. Instead, I suggest taking the trancey backing out at 4:18, so the Xylophone-thing at the end is playing solo for just those few remaining seconds.

Awesome mix though, but change those few things and it could be even more awesome.

OK, here's my (hopefully constructive) critique:

The actual delphinus theme should be a touch louder, there are bits where its a little hard to hear it over the background.

Drums should be slightly louder as well.

Gets Slighty repetitive between 3:25 and 4:07, I reckon bringing the choir up and maybe even getting rid of the beats here will get rid of that problem.

Take out the violin at the end. Instead, I suggest taking the trancey backing out at 4:18, so the Xylophone-thing at the end is playing solo for just those few remaining seconds.

Awesome mix though, but change those few things and it could be even more awesome.

Posted about 5 seconds too soon :P... Just made a major update.

• 1 month later...

Hmm the song has a lot of potential. I like alot of the melodies. Alot of the levels are off, in terms of what sounds are dominating the soundscape at a given moment. This is also missing alot of those little things that really add depth to the song. The percussion in general feels pretty thin, did you compress and add a lil overdrive to it? That might help it feel punchier. The lead synth needs an overall, it sound like you got phase on it. Go for some panning elements too, that can add an xtra layer of musical goodness to any song. Work on improving some of the sounds, maybe add in some more orchestral elements to really enhance what you got. Really try to add another layer to rythms instead of just the generic trance rythms. Noppz' mixes are a good example of that.