WIP: Gerudo Valley (Monkey Island Remix)

Ockeroid

Not bad, for a first remix.

This style is really different from any other Gerudo Valley remixes I've heard. The clarinet that your using could be better, but it's not that bad. You did a pretty good amount of variation and changes for a first mix. A lot of ones that I've listened have had no variation at all. I like what you did to the melody at 1:05. Sounds pretty good.

The only problems with this is that it's a little short and it may seem a little boring to some people. You should probably add some more parts or have the melody switch to another instrument at some point. It would make it a bit more interesting

A good first mix. I hope to hear more!

Congrats on your first attempt!

Although, I'm going to have to be one of those naysayers who says there's not enough variation. :( It's nearly note for note except to a different beat. Part of remixing is... well... mixing!

But it is a new genre, so I'll give ya that much. Kinda reggae (sp?). I'm not too familiar with Monkey Island though. *shrugs*

I agree, it is MIDI-ish, so find some good samples. That'll help a lot.