Post your ringtones

EdgeCrusher

Most of my ringtones are from anime intros, because I like to match them with my current wallpaper, which is usually the current anime I'm obsessed with.

Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex 2nd Gig Intro

Yoko Kanno - Rise

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AXpOJ3IY-jk

Black Lab - Transformers Theme

Bleach Intro 2

UVERworld - D-tecnolife

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sTEORonjUuQ

Portal Remix

Victims of Science - The Device has been Modified

Eureka Seven Intro 3

Bivattchee - To the Center of the Sun

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TFHSX1PE-N0

Death Note Ending 1

Nightmare - Alumina

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OA_DWzfU4eo

Gurren Lagann

Iwasaki Tarou - Burning Soul! Kick all your Reason to the Curb! This is the Insane Great Gurren-Dan Theme that will Blow Away your Ears!

(Row Row Fight the Power)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tbNmi9qpMAM

In the meantime, I have discovered speakers do actually exist that sound even worse than that of laptops. Hello, cellphone ringtone speakers!

This is precisely why I don't generally have songs as my ringtone. (That, and because I don't want to have inappropriate music start randomly playing while I'm in the middle of something; generic rings are by far the least offensive as far as that goes.) HOWEVER! I'm totally stealing the MGS Codec sound and the "!" noise as ringtone idea. Now I just need a third one along that vein and I can cover phone calls, voicemail, and text messages... Did the "?" have a unique sound effect to go with it....?

After I figure out how to put custom tones on my phone for at least the third or fourth time, anyway.

Edit -- Since I noticed it wasn't linked anywhere in this thread, I present to you: "!" It's not my host, so try not to break it or anything, because then I'd feel bad.

I've got kind of a girly ringtone right now...Jason Mraz, I'm Yours.

My text message alert however is awesome. It's Yoshi going "Brrrring HA! Yoshi!" It's pretty great.

yeah, I got an uninspired ring tone at the moment but I really like the idea of SM3 Iced World thanks to someone else on this thread. (good idea!)

BUT I do have Navi yell out "Hey! LISTEN!" whenever I get a text.

I do have Navi yell out "Hey! LISTEN!" whenever I get a text.

I hope you don't get texts around other people very often or else someone is going to murder you in your sleep for that. Though, now that I think about it, Tatl's little ringing sound effect from Majora's Mask would make a decent ringtone... Zelda's actually got a lot of random sound effects (they've got different ones for opening a chest, opening an IMPORTANT chest, getting a rupee, getting a piece of heart, getting a heart container, etc etc etc, and most of them end up on the soundtrack for the game, too!) that would make good ringtones for things like text messages or voice mail. Not so much for phone calls, though...

NEW TOPIC! What's the worst gaming-related ringtone you've ever heard?

A friend of mine has Kefka's laugh as his ringtone. At first it's startling, but that quickly fades to irritating. He's had it for years. I don't know how he stands it...

You guys suck, I've had so many ideas for custom text message sounds but my phone doesn't allow for them, I can only select between a few preset sounds.

Are you sure? I also thought my phone was incapable of using custom-made sounds & tones until I found (unofficial) software like BitPim that could load said files right onto my phone, without restrictions.

I once heard someone's cell phone go off with the Power Rangers jingle, the same kind the rangers had in their comm. devices Zordon game them. A few chuckles emerged (it was in a computer lab) and I was one of the few that tried to keep from chuckling.

I have a bunch of mp3s on my phone ever since the upgrade and me shelling out for a mini SD card.

I can choose from:

Suikoden 2 - A Busting Town

Suikoden 2 - Adventurous Journey

Suikoden 2 - Cooking Choices

Chrono Trigger - Fanfare

Chrono Trigger - Gato's Theme

Chrono Trigger - Frog's Theme

DDR - Cafe

DDR - Shock (from 3rd Mix version 2 Korean)

Metal Gear Solid - Codec

Marvel vs. Capcom 2 - Take You for a Ride

Phoenix Wright - Steel Samurai Theme

Phoenix Wright - Steel Samurai in-game ringtone

Super Mario RPG - Rose Town

Yoshi's Island - Athletic

Yoshi's Island - Kamek's Theme

Zelda LttP - Goddess Appears

Zelda OoT - Lost Woods

Zelda OoT - Song of Storms

I'm definitely still on the market for small memorable sound clips for voicemail trigger.

Bust-a-Move - Bub and Bob saying "uh-oh" (Game Over sound)

Random Mario Paint stuff

Chrono Trigger - Leene's Bell

Zelda - getting hearts/piece of the heart/dungeon items

I recently bolstered my ringtone collection quite a bit thanks to audiko.net so now my ringtones are:

Aesop Rock & Del tha Funky Homosapien - Preservation

Animal Collective - Peacebone

At the Drive-In - One Armed Scissor

Beastie Boys - Get it Together

The Black Keys - I Got Mine

The Black Keys - Psychotic Girl

The Blood Brothers - Cecilia and the Silhouette Saloon

The Brookes Brothers - Tear You Down

Cheeseburger - I'm Comin' Home (Superjail Theme)

The Chemical Brothers - Chemical Beats

The Clash - Complete Control

Death From Above 1979 - You're a Woman, I'm a Machine

El-P - Lazerface's Warning

Funkadelic - P Funk

Keller Williams - Freeker By the Speaker

Kings of Leon - Sex on Fire

Linkin Park - One Step Closer

Logistics - Cosmonaught

Lynyrd Skynyrd - Sweet Home Alabama

The Mars Volta - Meccamputechture

Mistabishi - Printer Jam

The Prodigy - Girls

Red Hot Chili Peppers - By the Way

Snoop Dogg - Sensual Seduction

Spor - 1up

Stephen and the Colberts - Charlene

Random Stephen Colbert ringtone (him saying "your phone is ringing" over and over)

Sub Focus - Frozen Solid

T.I. - Be Easy

So yeah, kind of insane, although most ringtones are specific to a person in my contacts list.