ID3v1/ID3v2 Tag Programs

Big0Jack

sure, it looks the same, but itunes isn't recognizing it as the same. maybe you should actually try what i suggest before you tell me it doesn't work.

another way to check is to look in the album scroll thingie. if they're still showing up out of order with a hundred different names, try my suggestion and they'll fix themselves.

sure, it looks the same, but itunes isn't recognizing it as the same. maybe you should actually try what i suggest before you tell me it doesn't work.

another way to check is to look in the album scroll thingie. if they're still showing up out of order with a hundred different names, try my suggestion and they'll fix themselves.

Sorry I came off as crass and stubborn; I have experienced the problem you described many times and your method does work to fix it. It was actually one of the methods I tried to get things back to normal, and it helped on the iTunes end of things, but the problem still remained on my iPod. On iTunes, everything was organized under one artist like it should be, but when synced to an iPod it started displaying duplicate artists for every song that I'd added a "Sort Artist" tag to. That's why I was 99% sure that it was a separate problem than the one you described; I didn't just throw out your suggestion without testing it :)

It's a moot issue now, though, because I did come up with a system that worked well for me; simply checking the "Part of a Compilation" box on every OCR song. So if anyone else is interested in organizing all your remixes under one artist while still retaining the actual artist information, this is probably the easiest way to do it.

I do appreciate the help from all you guys, though, even if I came across the solution in my own way. Thanks for your time :)

• 4 weeks later...

• 1 month later...

Say I want to add on a word to the end of the Song Name ID3 field for all songs from a certain artist. I found a script that would help me do this, but it's only for Mac - does anyone know any good Windows scripts that can mass-alter ID3 tag fields?

I'd prefer one that works directly with iTunes, but I'd live if it interacted through a different interface.

Tanks! :3

• 2 weeks later...