DE-SIRE - Healing Vision Remix (Rough WIP)

The Vagrance

After going to that one link in the ringtone thread on GD and after hearing Healing Vision again I realized how remixable it is, so I jumped right on it. After 3 hours of work I've come up with an intro and a problem. Here's the mp3:

MP3

Anyway, at the very end you should notice a cheesy chopped-up saw lead kinda thing going, well thats a sketch for how the vocals should go. What vocals you ask? Therein lies the problem. I either need vocal samples or a singer to collab with to add vocals to this, although I will note that if someone wants to help out they must fit under the following criteria:

1. Must be a lady

2. Must be willing to have vocals mangled

3. Must be able to accept the fact I probably won't have them sing a verse on this track

4. Must want their name to be on OCRemix

5. Must like long walks on the beach?

Anyway, vocal samples would probably fit better for this as either way I'm going to use the singer/samples like I'm using samples regardless, which is why everything is so chopped up on that saw line, because thats how I'm going to sample the voice (every time a saw note hits will be where the voice is when it hits and at the same pitch)

Also, aside from that, any criticism (aside from "fill it up more" and "add more drums" because those are on my to-do list) would be greatly appreciated.

EDIT:

I forgot to add, the source of this tune is DDR 5th mix, the link to the original is Here

sweet stuff, the sound has much more professional and cohesive feel from ur stuff from last summer. Did u and Just Chris ever submit ur CT song.

Sound good so far. The intro repeats itself againaround 1:00 to 1:20. Either throws in some cool voice clips or cut it out. Besides that jazz def a good start, what game is this source tune from?

sweet stuff, the sound has much more professional and cohesive feel from ur stuff from last summer. Did u and Just Chris ever submit ur CT song.

Not yet, he still has it, I should prolly PM him about it again.

Sound good so far. The intro repeats itself againaround 1:00 to 1:20. Either throws in some cool voice clips or cut it out. Besides that jazz def a good start, what game is this source tune from?

Eh, its a very rough breakdown but it will be filled up more around that area. As for source, its from DDR, I should probably link to the original in the first post.

Hey, nice to see you working on more stuff again. Well, I know Healing Vision by heart, it's one of my most oft-played DDR tunes. Right now I don't hear much from the actual Healing Vision melody, though I imagine the arpeggio could be the backing harmony. It sounds clean and you're setting the mood well, but there's not a lot of development yet. Maybe because the melody is missing. Are you planning to add acoustic samples or will it be all synthesized?

BTW, I submitted the mix right after New Years'. It should appear in the review queue soon. The next batch of music to review is usually added when the queue is less than 10 submissions.

Hey, nice to see you working on more stuff again. Well, I know Healing Vision by heart, it's one of my most oft-played DDR tunes. Right now I don't hear much from the actual Healing Vision melody, though I imagine the arpeggio could be the backing harmony. It sounds clean and you're setting the mood well, but there's not a lot of development yet. Maybe because the melody is missing. Are you planning to add acoustic samples or will it be all synthesized?

I've actually been REALLY busy since that Guardia Forest remix, just with nothing OCRemix related. So far its just setting the mood b ut I plan on adding more acoustic things as it progresses. I got a flute line going and I've already got my drums down (for the most part) and I plan on adding a piano thing as well. I really need some vocals samples though to tie everything together though, I'm doing this rap track with a girl from my school, maybe I can get her to lay down a few notes for this remix as well.

BTW, I submitted the mix right after New Years'. It should appear in the review queue soon. The next batch of music to review is usually added when the queue is less than 10 submissions.

Alright, nice, glad that things finally over.