Timbaland rips Commodore 64 tune

makke

Its worth noting I even spotted a piece of Intense Colour on SGX's Coactive album (I forgot which song) which was definately the melody line from the Mario Paint song, but I haven't seen him in court yet.

You seriously just need to get the fuck out of OCR and stop ruining everything with your stupidity. The song is clearly sited as a Mario Paint remix, and is even on this site. How about you check your facts before you post your babble all over the internet, k thx

EDIT: Hay look, Seph posted at the same-ish time as me :D

You seriously just need to get the fuck out of OCR and stop ruining everything with your stupidity. The song is clearly sited as a Mario Paint remix, and is even on this site. How about you check your facts before you post your babble all over the internet, k thx

For fuck's sake stop acting like you're some goddamn scholar by telling me to get out. I present a counterargument, and suddenly I'm the bottom of the fucking barrel. I guess thats what I get for having an opinion. I have tried to argue this as calmly as I could trying not to resort to personal attacks but I won't tolerate these kinds of attacks against me. Next time read all of my posts and realize that our opinions aren't that far from each other's before making a post that makes you look like an elitist asshole.I'm not a tool, I don't need to get the fuck out, and I'm not as stupid as you guys are making me out to be. I got (or had least had) massive respect for all of you but fuck, if this is how differing opinions are treated then there goes your idea of community.

For fuck's sake stop acting like you're some goddamn scholar by telling me to get out. (1)I present a counterargument, and suddenly I'm the bottom of the fucking barrel. (2)I guess thats what I get for having an opinion. I have tried to argue this as calmly as I could trying not to resort to personal attacks but I won't tolerate these kinds of attacks against me. Next time read all of my posts and realize that our opinions aren't that far from each other's before making a post that makes you look like an elitist asshole.I'm not a tool, I don't need to get the fuck out, and(3) I'm not as stupid as you guys are making me out to be. I got (or had least had) massive respect for all of you but fuck, (4)if this is how differing opinions are treated then there goes your idea of community.

1- A really bad one, for points already said.

2- Expressing your opinion is fine, but you kept persisting on issues that you have been proven wrong on, therefore taking "opinion" and replacing it with "needless trolling"

3- And you are doing a fine job at showing that /sarcasm

4- Again, a difference between opinion and trolling

For fuck's sake stop acting like you're some goddamn scholar by telling me to get out. I present a counterargument, and suddenly I'm the bottom of the fucking barrel. I guess thats what I get for having an opinion. I have tried to argue this as calmly as I could trying not to resort to personal attacks but I won't tolerate these kinds of attacks against me. Next time read all of my posts and realize that our opinions aren't that far from each other's before making a post that makes you look like an elitist asshole.I'm not a tool, I don't need to get the fuck out, and I'm not as stupid as you guys are making me out to be. I got (or had least had) massive respect for all of you but fuck, if this is how differing opinions are treated then there goes your idea of community.

Chill. Ignore EazyP's post, he clearly didn't read yours. And while most people's replies to you may have been unnecessarily personal, most have featured valid rebuttals.

Don't get your panties in a bunch over a heated topic. We've seen many people claim OCR music as their own over the years and it annoys us more every time. Seeing the same thing done to someone else doesn't make us any happier.

1- A really bad one, for points already said.

All my argument is "You guys are making too much out of this," thats not a bad argument. A bad argument would be "Timebaland did nothing wrong" which I didn't make.

2- Expressing your opinion is fine, but you kept persisting on issues that you have been proven wrong on, therefore taking "opinion" and replacing it with "needless trolling"

Things I've been proven wrong on I have accepted as being proven wrong on.

3- And you are doing a fine job at showing that /sarcasm

I'll admit it, I got a little out-of-hand last post but when people insult ME as a person (having nothing to do with the arguments), question MY beliefs, and outright tell me that MY opinion or argument is inferior to everybody else's then don't expect me to sit back and take notes.

4- Again, a difference between opinion and trolling

Trolling is taking an outrageous point that no one in their right minds would take, I'm taking the point that everyone is making too much out of what he did, thats not an outrageous point.

Don't get your panties in a bunch over a heated topic. We've seen many people claim OCR music as their own over the years and it annoys us more every time. Seeing the same thing done to someone else doesn't make us any happier.

Sorry, I'm just fed up with unneeded elitism, thanks for being calm about this which I have (until now) tried to do. I understand a lot of the arguments people are making and thats fine, a lot of it comes down to personal opinion of the matter. Legally, he would be in hot water if it weren't for his status, I'll admit to that.

the group that actually buys Nelly Furtado's CDs.

I bought the latest one, but that was more for Timbaland than Nelly herself.

Also, news flash: samples aren't new in the world of hip-hop and pop production, and if Timbo really did sample the song it's just a background melody on the track anyway, so it detracts very little from the quality of the song. As I understand it, unlike many producers Timbo has been mostly unreliant on samples in his career anyhow.

Samples or no, Timbaland's still one of the top producers in the industry.

I bought the latest one, but that was more for Timbaland than Nelly herself.

Also, news flash: samples aren't new in the world of hip-hop and pop production, and if Timbo really did sample the song it's just a background melody on the track anyway, so it detracts very little from the song.

Samples or no, Timbaland's still one of the top producers in the industry.

How much of this thread did you actually read?

Mr. Orange Pylon ..

I'm affraid you don't have an idea how MUCH timbaland relies on other peoples idea's ..

About EVERY hit you've heard of him ..

Someone elses work .. that he pitched / cut up / etc. just to fit his shit ..

Go and search for some sample mixes .. ( VA Samplemix ) there they will show you every original next to his compositions.

For a bigass hiphop producer .. he's not that creative.

Mr. Orange Pylon ..

I'm affraid you don't have an idea how MUCH timbaland relies on other peoples idea's ..

About EVERY hit you've heard of him ..

Someone elses work .. that he pitched / cut up / etc. just to fit his shit ..

Go and search for some sample mixes .. ( VA Samplemix ) there they will show you every original next to his compositions.

For a bigass hiphop producer .. he's not that creative.

Could you give me a link? I'm a bit confused by the search results.

Timbaland is not a good producer. He's a good sampler and borrower. If he would stop that and just make everything from scratch, it'd be a lot more respectable.

Um... no? If he would cite his sources, he'd be respectable. Sampling has been a mainstay of the genre for ages, and personally, I consider it the only good thing about the genre. I hate Rihanna, for instance, but I love S.O.S.... why? Because it samples Tainted Love. Not just a little bit here and there - Tainted Love is the focus of the entire instrumentation for the song, which makes the song awesome. This is even cooler, because it samples something dear to my heart, namely, chiptune music. Yes, he should state where he got his music from, so this sort of thing doesn't happen. But I think everyone is missing the really important piece, as far as I'm concerned: a mainstream musician just sampled a chiptune. I want to see more of this!

I see your point, but do you realize kids are hearing that music and think it's totally original? It reminds me of the time my buddy brought over his kid sister and saw me playing the OG Donkey Kong on NES. She saw me get the hammer and said, "They stole that from Smash Brothers."

I asked him and her to leave.

I find it far more interesting and respectable when people make their own music. I very very very very rarely do sampling with any of my clients - I prefer to make everything myself. That said, I also don't mind remaking a song from scratch, just like we do here at OCR, and then putting their vocals on that.

Just show me you can actually write something on your own. To me, that's respect.

I see your point, but do you realize kids are hearing that music and think it's totally original? It reminds me of the time my buddy brought over his kid sister and saw me playing the OG Donkey Kong on NES. She saw me get the hammer and said, "They stole that from Smash Brothers."

I asked him and her to leave.

That's absolutely hilarious.

Almost like saying that the harpsichord is a total rip-off of the piano.