OCR00160 - Altered Beast "Resurrection by Breakbeat"

m68030

Altered Beast 'Resurrection by Breakbeat'

Rise from your grave! Hopefully death will have killed your ability to

hear high pitched noises so you can hear this track like DJP does. (:

Seriously though.. this track is very DJP. it's a great arrangement,

it also lights up the spectrum analysis all over winamp, top and low.

If there ever was a reason for 320kbit mp3s to exist, it would be so that

DJP can abuse them. It's a fun techno arrangment with some slidy

complex sounding synths, lots of res tweaking. You'll hear this

lead synth in a few other DJP classics like Sailor Moon Rave Body.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

OH SHIZ-NAP NIGGAH! RISE FROM YOUR GRAVE ROCKIN SHIZZIGHT YAH WORD WIGADY-TACIOUS! THIS MIX R0X0RZ MY B0X0RZ AND EVERYTHING IN BETWEEEN!

YEAAAARRRGGGHHH PIRATES AND NINJAS COMBINE TO RISE FROM YOUR GRAVE ROCKIN LATION YAHHH NATION FRIGTACIOUS....

REAL

ULTIMATE

POWER

ieurgeruohgidfuhglisduhgiludszhgiudzfhgiuzdhfg97w4697924yt9847yt949t8

• 3 months later...

Whoa man....this mix makes me think this game was better then it really was (i always preferred D.Dragon over A.Beast). But anyways, i like this track, ESPECIALLY the cool drum beat at the starting, it gives it a real coliseum/pantheon kinda feel, like the action is about to pick up BIGTIME!

Throw in the voice clips and that seals the deal, "never give up!" and DL this remix!

• 2 months later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 6 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
RIES FROM UR GRAEV1!11

Hey kick ass mix! nice repetition of "RISE FROM YOUR GRAVE"- man i'm gonna be playing this over and over. tehe ^_^

This one makes me smile whenever I listen to it

I'm playing this over and over already

What's next: a boss music remix with that corny "WELCOME TO YOUR DOOM" quote from Evil-Zordon... err, I mean... what's the name of that guy?

• 2 months later...
  • 5 months later...

Hmm...it appears that I'm not the only one who is a fan of the line, "RISE FROM YOUR GRAVE."

I must say, I've never played the game, probably never will, and don't regret it. Which would mean that I would never have listened to this song, were it not for the BitTorrent downloads. And I'm very glad for them, because this remix rocks.

The melody is one that I want to play for all my friends, even if they all think I'm weird for making them listen to something that tells them to "RISE FROM YOUR GRAVE." But it's really good.

The only part that I'm not so hot on is the middle section that starts at 1'57", but even that's fairly well done. I just think that the real strength of this remix is it's loud, imposing presence, which, thankfully returns to just pound this one home.

Another great remix from the creator. Keep it up. (even though this one's rather old...so sue me for reviewing older remixes).

• 3 months later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 2 months later...

An early DJP piece. By definition these are never minimalist- always big, bouncy beats and loud techno stuffs. Given its age, this isn't half bad- the vocal clip always manages to get a chuckle and the beats are well layered. Like a lot of his older stuff, the mastering isn't amazing, but its a nice nod to the OCR stuff of old.

• 6 months later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 1 month later...

Great intro that leads straight into a killer bassline and pretty good 4 on the floor beat.

I love that squiggly bass sound, and mixed with the beats and some PS1 sounding synths it is actually a decent marriage. The kick gets a little lost in a few places when it doesn't have the drum machine beefing it up, and the solo seemed a bit off rhythmically in a few places, but overall this is a pretty solid mix, considering the timeframe. A few parts are a little lofi, but the sounds mesh well together. A little more snap on the snare would have been nice.

To the soundclip: dude, if they aren't risen from their graves by the first or second command you give them, they aren't going to rise ever. Though I suppose you practice what you preach and "never give up". I gotta appreciate that.

• 5 months later...
  • 2 months later...

People need to leave the "Rise From Your Grave" sample alone. Seriously. This mix without their excessive use would be like Die Hard without Alan Rickman. Would have still been awesome, but it wouldn't be classic Die Hard awesome. I also enjoy that the Genesis sample quality is quite shit.

The mix is really a Catch-22, repetition wise. The establishment of the "Rise From Your Grave" samples really supports the melody. I think they are really beneficial. However, it then means it must be applied to every such cue in the melody, or else it would sound naked. I think pretzel made the right choice.

It all adds to the mix's disregard to eardrums and its emphasis on unadulterated enjoyment. There are times where this mix just BLASTS, and I love it. I hear the hairs in my ear disintegrating as it happens, but it's worth it. Anyway, I feel ashamed that I've given so much attention to the sample gimmick and not the actual music.

• 1 year later...
  • 3 years later...

Here's a game I've heard a bit about but never got around to playing. Voice samples were great for this kind of arrangement, although I can understand why some wouldn't like it as much. There are things that you could pick at, but for an early DJP piece, I'd rather enjoy it for the parts that were awesome, mainly the main melody in my opinion.

• Liontamer changed the title to OCR00160 - Altered Beast "Resurrection by Breakbeat"