OverClocked ReMix Chess League TEAM TOURNAMENT!

kamoh

Lucky too, cause I felt I should've had our first game :( .

And how are we losing, we're the motherfucking Metaknights!

It's cause I AM SINGLEHANDEDLY BEATING YOU

edit: that's not true, the "f" in "glhf 134340" uses my left hand, but playing and everything is done with the right!

Kholdstare ended up giving up points in the dangerous direction, but I'm very pleased that Grayfox and Keegan ended up with those victories. Just gotta try and beat the Rusty Buckets though...

Yea sorry team. Dunno what was up but the aweseomes wasn't flowing out. I'll do better next match.

It's an unfair disadvantage to give us zero points on our byes. Our byes should be neutral. I.e., take our points for three rounds, multiply by 4/3 to give us the equivalent value for four rounds. Don't give everyone else four ronds to win points and only three rounds for us.
it's actually 10/8.

Here's the deal. I can mull around with giving you guys 4, 6, or 8 bye points. Here's the deal though - I'm not going to give you guys 2 points/game for byes unless everyone else plays every game. The reason why I gave only 4 points was twofold:

1) there's no guarantee that the other teams will play every game.

2) you guys didn't have to draft from the bottom of the barrel.

So let's say we do a plus/minus setup, where you get a point for winning but lose a point for losing. Well, we're tied with +2, and we have more wins. Yes it's unfair because you have less matches and less opportunity to win, but the likelihood is that you WILL win more matches.

Anyways, we'll see what happens...this uneven setup is quite disappointing, and if we had team vs. team battle, it'd be less conspicuous.

I made a mistake on the standings and forgot Uranus' wins vs. amazgr8 - I was actually puzzled about this because the numbers weren't coming out even, but now they are - RB's are a +4, GN a +2, and MK's a -6.

I may change the RB's bye advantage to 6 points instead of 4, since that's about the average score anyways.

ocrclkh1.png

I haven't heard anything from Falchion39. I pm'ed him yesterday and still no response. Should I keep waiting?
You need to keep trying. That's the only way I'll authorize a report - if you're actually trying to play them.

EDIT: Reports need to be something else - like max or average points vs., which in this case would be 3, since dPaladin has one win vs. Falchion.

We have interest from two more players - a guy named DolittleSmash, and SoveriegnLegend. This brings our number up to 16 if we add everyone we've got right now. Do the math, that could be four teams of four, and I think it will be.

We'll play out the rest of this little tourney - the MetaKnights are fighting for second place, but the gNomes are running for top spot with a LOT of wins necessary.

I decided to take a break from chess, coz i dont feel like I am playing good chess anymore. I will not play, I will not watch. I will not even go to the local chess club. At least next week. So... Bahamut will be the Captain of MetaKnights. And... Good Luck to Everyone :-)

I played flachion just now. I won 2-0.

;Title: Yahoo! Chess Game

;White: divinegraceofthetriforce

;Black: naraku59

;Date: Tue Feb 06 01:29:55 GMT 2007

1. g1-f3 d7-d5

2. d2-d4 h7-h5

3. b1-c3 f7-f6

4. d1-d3 g7-g6

5. d3xg6+ e8-d7

6. e2-e3 d8-e8

7. g6-f5+ e7-e6

8. f5-f4 f8-d6

9. f3-e5+ f6xe5

10. d4xe5 d6-b4

11. f4xb4 b8-a6

12. f1xa6 b7xa6

13. b4-a4+ c7-c6

14. o-o e8-g6

15. g2-g3 g8-e7

16. e3-e4 h5-h4

17. c3-e2 d5xe4

18. f1-d1+ e7-d5

19. c2-c4 h4-h3

20. c4xd5 g6-g4

21. d5xe6+ d7-e7

22. a4-b4+ e7xe6

23. b4-d6+ e6-f5

24. e2-d4++

and

;Title: Yahoo! Chess Game

;White: naraku59

;Black: divinegraceofthetriforce

;Date: Tue Feb 06 01:34:58 GMT 2007

1. d2-d4 g8-f6

2. d4-d5 d7-d6

3. h2-h4 b8-a6

4. e2-e3 a6-b4

5. c2-c4 c8-f5

6. a2-a3 b4-c2+

7. e1-d2 c2xa1

8. c4-c5 f5xb1

9. c5xd6 d8xd6

10. f1-b5+ c7-c6

11. b5-a4 d6xd5+

12. d2-e1 d5xd1+

13. e1xd1 a8-d8+

14. d1-e1 a1-c2+

15. a4xc2 b1xc2

16. g1-e2 d8-d1++

I'm new to all this but I guess I'll be joining now *shrug*. I guess I'll just let Kamoh sort all that out. I'm still not very well informed and will be pretty busy this week since I not only have 2 college classes I need to attend but also some investments I need to keep an eye on as well. All that said, I'm still looking forward to playing chess in some of my free time.