OCR00163 - Final Fantasy VI "The Atomizer"

m68030

A great composition, Mustin has really outdone himself. I love all the sound bites of the Looney Tunes, Aliens and even the Final Fantasy VI sound bites. This is definately an off the wall remix that takes time to listen to as so many others have said here before. Now I don't know if that's a synth sax or what, but it's damn nice sounding. I want to pick up the sax again...and then learn that song. :P Highly recommended.

I love this song. did any one else notic that the evil laugh belongs to andross? (starfox) cool....... and I love the game over bit! and the using the sound effects that happen as you move around the menu bar was pure genis! OH and one more thing!!!!!!!!!!!! THE ENDING IS FUNNY AS H***!!!!!!!! nice job!, this is a classic!

Know I don't know what daffy duck has to do with FF but it sounded cool.

good god this is so random and evil that my brain has fried it's self out, and... well... let me just say this, never fall asleep listening to this remix...

P.s(please, anyone else that noticed the whole star fox thing post!!!!)

• 2 weeks later...

¿Is everyone else reviewing the same track as me?

Cause all I hear when I listen is appallingly random S***

I mean, it has the potential to be good...I mean, the real instruments are pretty good (for the most part...listening to it again the guitar pretty much sucks when t ad-libs), its just the rest of it that makes my ears bleed.

Like the random screaming, the walls of sound, the lack of any form of coherency whatsoever, the random samples thrown in just to...I dunno, try and be funny or something.

Seriously, words dont exist to explain how God-awful this track is.

• 1 month later...

You must be mad O.O;

ahem... I first heard this track about four months ago, and what got me was not the use of the instruments but for the use of surprise throughout the track. This has got to be a more favored remix than most of the others than I've heard, if not one of the best in the Final Fantasy 6 collection. :D

"That's it man, game over man, game over!" :P:lol:

I mean, it has the potential to be good...I mean, the real instruments are pretty good (for the most part...listening to it again the guitar pretty much sucks when t ad-libs), its just the rest of it that makes my ears bleed.

Like the random screaming, the walls of sound, the lack of any form of coherency whatsoever, the random samples thrown in just to...I dunno, try and be funny or something.

That's your opinion.

Yes, it's not very musical. But some people (such as myself) LIKE walls of sound. It really does represent what it's like to play FF6 for 10 hours.

• 1 month later...

Well, I've had this song for some time, but usually like to consider the "re-listening" value for a while before I comment.

I've found myself jumping to around 1:20 over and over and over again; the guitar segment is extraordinary, and not just recorded off the game or anything like other songs--I also like the FF6 sounds that occur right around it. 3:10ish is another nice spot, although the "explosion" and "oh crap" around 3:20 are so-so (I never really liked the game over music from FF6 anyway.) Like the game resetting, "game over man" segment, Kefka laughs, etc; didn't like the 1:45 trumpet stuff, screaming, weird overlays around the floating continent music, etc. as much. Enormous replay value, and both a great original Uematsu performance and Mustin remix (which is normal for both.)

Instruments B+

Creativity A-

Pacing A-

Original song quality A

Remixing quality, soundness A

Replay value A

Overall 92% A-

Agreed. It is, in the end, the spc with a bunch of random sfx. Overall, its hardly music. To me, its kind of like a song which uses nothing but Ejay samples and Ejay drumloops - its not really a remix, or a song; not much of anything. Maybe if the guitar wasnt so horribly off key and didn't sound like a broken car engine...

I love this song. did any one else notic that the evil laugh belongs to andross? (starfox) cool....... and I love the game over bit! and the using the sound effects that happen as you move around the menu bar was pure genis! OH and one more thing!!!!!!!!!!!! THE ENDING IS FUNNY AS H***!!!!!!!! nice job!, this is a classic!

Know I don't know what daffy duck has to do with FF but it sounded cool.

good god this is so random and evil that my brain has fried it's self out, and... well... let me just say this, never fall asleep listening to this remix...

P.s(please, anyone else that noticed the whole star fox thing post!!!!)

You freaking drunk. Thats kefca not Andross.

And i do agree that most people might enjoy the song if it didn't have those loneytoons Sounld effects. But if you have played the game for hours on end.

(Namely game freaks like me who beat the game 80 times just cause the game rocks)

You tend to like the Sounld effects for no appearent reason. I guess They just make me think of the game more.

Although the random Loneytoons Sounlds where'nt really nessecary. And the song starting up again at the end is just wreid. But if he stuck with the Sax And the guitar(Which i think is fine) Would have made it a bit more satisfying.

I really don't know why yall think the guitar is really all that bazzar. It fits the song. I guess that type of guitar isn't really used often on OCR. Actly after going thourgh my library there is no song with it. Heh....oh well.

NightwalkerGreed.txt

Sorry, but this remix rubbed me the wrong way. The song is well done, but in my opinion, those sound effects can go rot in a garbage can behind a Jack in the Box.

I realize Mustin was going for originality and craziness, but ehh, just my two cents I suppose.

Oh come now.

I agree that this song is one of the most horrible things to have ever reached my ears pretty much ever, but thats why I like it. Every time I listen to it, it wakes me up, and puts me in a schizophrenic mood. In a GOOD way. The voices by Daffy Duck just add to the stupid randomness of it all, and it all makes more sense. Well not at all actually, but thats the point now isn't it? Might I add, I believe he was just filling in for Kefka's voice, cuz there arent many sound files with his vocals in it, save the one. So, yeah, this song rocks, just not as a song.

• 3 weeks later...

This is chaos. A chaos sandwhich, accompanied by the gooey mayo that is the sax and the mustardness of Daffy Duck.

This is a battle, epic from beginning to end. There is NOTHING calm here, because there is no time for rest when trying to stop a madman. And evil doesn't die off, it simply allows the player to walk away from the system until restarting its reign of terror.

This never ends. This is a symphony, and yet a brick wall of sound... like a angry group of people coming at you all at once. They're not even a mob, because they have no united cause. Their motivation is their own, unconnected and random as the pair of socks they put on.

This is everything, yet nothing. This is on my playlist, and so shall it remain. Good job.

• 5 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

for some reason this makes me think of strapping young lad if devon townsend did video game remixes. SYL's oh my fucking god is similar to this in its sheer wall-of-sound insanity, and there's a bit where someone just yells out of nowhere "NOW GET DOWN THERE AND SUCK MY BUDDY'S [expletive]!" right before the craziest part of the song gets going. and here we have "GAME OVER MAN GAME OVER!" and the craziest part gets going.

that's funny as hell.

i love this song, i usually play it along with SYL'S OMFG and rape song (which is just as nuts as OMFG but in a different way)

and that concludes my very rare post.

• 1 month later...

im going to go out on a limb and think that the "SYL OMFG" in the above post was in no way related to me.

Anyway, i dug the music, i hated the voice samples.

i agree with eccles and prot.

could have gone somewhere, but, i hate lyrics in general, and these things just STOP the flow of the song, heard it twice, never again.

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...
  • Liontamer changed the title to OCR00163 - Final Fantasy VI "The Atomizer"